Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

New Hunter
Last Post 14 Dec 2008 05:44 PM by NeverkiiledaDeer. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NeverkiiledaDeer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Dec 2008 05:44 PM  
Hello, I am a new hunter, at 47 years old my friends say I started to late, but I became disable a few years back ( several back surgeries) I became so depressed because I couldn't work and need something to do outside to keep from going crazy.  I squirrel hunted when I was a young man, but never wanted to hunt deer because of a bad experience when I was a young boy, my stepfather took me deer hunting once , I was 14 it was around 4 am and I had never been before, he sat me alone in the woods and said stay here to i come back, well I was very cold , its was 9 above and i was scared because I had no clue what to do, I waited until about 10 oclock and found my way to the car where I found him fast asleep with the heat on, from that day on I never wanted to go again, until now.  I started talking to my neighbors son from out of town and we got to be friends, he is a one dedicated hunter and has now got me hooked. I cant afford a hunting club like him (fixed income) so I have hunted our wildlife management areas, I like them , but they are sometimes very hard for me to hunt due the difficult land scape ( hills and ect ) and the hunting days are very short, so if any of my fellow hunters in or close to Northeast Ala( I live in Gadsden Ala) know of some good public land where I might get my first deer and would share the place I would be so very greatful to you.  I also would appreciate any tips or information about hunting you would like to share, ( remember I am new to this world) that might help me get my first deer.  Thanks to all and god bless.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!