Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Fourth deer of the season
Last Post 27 Oct 2010 07:55 PM by Geecheeboy. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Oct 2010 07:55 PM  
Well, yesterday, 10/26, I crawled into my stand at about 8:30 AM, nothing happened for about two hours, so I decided to vocally make a few bleat calls, and then one quick short hit on the grunt tube. I got the desired effect. This buck came running out onto the food plot looking for the deer that had made the noise. Time I spotted him, I knew he was a buck I had been after for the past three years, because he had a spike on one side and a fork on the other side. I put the crosshairs on the right shoulder, and pulled the trigger only to reallize that I had failed to cock the rifle. He evidentally smelled some of the deer that had walked earlier after the rain stopped, because he went straight to the corn pile. This time I pulled the hammer back on the T/C Encore .308, and sent a 165 grain Winchester power point straight into that right shoulder. I saw the blood spurting out as he ran off of the plot. I waited a few minutes before climbing down, and took my time walking the 180 yards to where I shot him. Sure enough a huge pile of blood, and a blood trail that a blind man could follow. He only went about 25 yards before falling dead on the trail. I shot him at 10:50 AM, and by the time I got him to the house, skinned, gutted, and quartered it was 1:15 PM. That's a big job for an old disabled man to handle by himself, so needless to say I was too tired to go hunting last evening.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!