Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Third deer this season
Last Post 04 Oct 2010 07:07 PM by Geecheeboy. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Oct 2010 07:07 PM  
Sat. 10/2/10, was the first antlerless day of this season. I was dog hunting down in the swamp, when I heard a shot up on the hill, shortly I could hear a deer coming through the swamp towards me. I found a hole and when the doe hit it I pulled the trigger, only to hear a snap. I ejected that shell, and picked another spot, but the doe had heard the snap and had speeded up. Needless to say, I shot where she had been, not where she was. Two other guys also missed and I guess she is still going. Anyhow, I stayed on my stand and about 2 1/2 hours later some dogs headed up and out of the swamp towards the highway. Eevidentally something turned the deer, and I could tell the dogs were headed my way. Sure enough, I spotted a deer coming from my right, jumping logs and brush, dodging trees and clearing palmetto scrubs. For some strange reason it turned and came almost straight to me. When it was about 15 yards away, it spotted me and went into hyper-drive. I had been following it with my Remington 1100 12 ga., and as I swung through I pulled the trigger, and the load of 00 buckshot caught it in the head and neck, causing it to cut a flip and fall right in it's tracks. Perfect (lucky) shot. Nice fat spike. The dogs weren't 1 minute behind it, so it was definitely hauling butt. Not a single piece of meat was damaged, this one will become hamburger and sausage.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!