Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Rice and burger...bachelor style !
Last Post 22 Apr 2008 04:52 PM by Howard. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
20 Apr 2008 03:38 AM  
For those of you, like me, who like a quick and easy meal, here is a great way throw together a meal in less than 30 minutes. Works well for us single guys and gals!

What you need:
1 lb of deer burger, sausage, or wild boar sausage
2 cups of white rice
1 can of Hunt's stewed tomatoes (roasted garlic, green chiles, basil, all kinds of optoins!)
2 tbs sugar
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped vidalia onion (or yellow onion if you prefer)

What to do:
   Brown meat in skillet with peppers and onion. If you don't want game flavor ( I can't imagine anyone on this forum would object, but..), add 1/2 cup of water to meat while cooking and drain throughly, then rinse. Use a rice steamer to cook your rice, if you have one, or just follow stove top directions for cooking with a pot. Add cooked rice, drained meat and vegetables, and stewed tomatos together in a 2 quart sauce pan. Fill that empty tomato can back up halfway with warm water and dissolve those 2 tablespoons of sugar in it. Add it to the mix and season it further with whatever you like. Salt, pepper, more garlic, worchestershire, and stone ground brown mustard are some good variations I like. Sautee the whole thing on low heat for about 10 minutes just to get the rice to soak up all the excess juice. Voila ! (that's French for "Ya'll dig in"!)

If you have to pay alimony or child support and feel the need to cut back on food expenses, you can omit the fresh vegetables and still have a decent  meal that will last you few days in leftovers, LOL. Trust me!
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Apr 2008 04:52 PM  
I don't have burger, bit I've used regular small cut meat to make a similar dish. I make a pot to eat on for at least four days....if I pace myself. LOL!!

I have some deer meat marinating that my brother's friend gave me. I plan to cook it up in 2 cans of beef gravy and two cans of "rotel." I'll add frozen vegetables and cook rice in a pot I guess. I hope to have it last the week....MMMmmmm
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!