Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
My plots seem to be attracting the deer big time
Last Post 15 Sep 2008 04:33 AM by coolbreeze. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
coolbreeze
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Sep 2008 04:33 AM  
Sat the 13th was NJ's opening day bow and I have to tell you I'm really excited about my food plots... I had a bad spring growing season so I did them over again about a month ago and I planted alfalfa in one plot and pure attraction in the other and they are coming up nicely..  And man the deer are hitting the alfalfa hard, I sat in the stand on the pure attraction plot but I can see the alfalfa plot from that stand and in the morning the deer were in the alfalfa big time. I counted 12 deer in the plot at first light so I decided to hunt over that plot in the afternoon and as I approached there were 5 deer already in it which I bumped out ..  I climbed in my stand and waited no more than 30 mins and those same 5 deer came back out. by the end of the hunt I had 14 deer in the plot of alfalfa and one of the deer was a 140 class 10pt but in NJ you have to shoot a doe first before you can take a buck.. The 140 class gave me about 20 different chances to put an arrow in him.. Not one of the does gave me a clear shot at their vitals, I wasn't going to shoot one anyway not with that buck in there with them and take a chance of spooking him off the property.. So now I have go to a different stand and hope to take a doe and leave the food plots alone until I get my buck tag..If I get him I'll post pics... 
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!