Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Traditions Pursuit XLT II Extreme
Last Post 19 Jan 2009 08:57 PM by mick669. 0 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jan 2009 08:57 PM  
I purchased a Traditions XLT II Extreme from Bass Pro in December. I installed a scope and headed to the range. After a few shots the barrel didn't want to lock closed and after a couple more shots the gun broke down/flew open on the rest. I cleaned the gun and returned to the range the following day. After 4 shots of 2, 50 grain 777 pellets and a Hornedy 250 grain SST bullet , the gun didn't want to close. After 5 shots I had to repeatly slam the gun closed before the barrel locked shut. The sixth shot recoil caused the gun to fly open while on the rest. I contacted a gun smith who stated it is an on going problem with Traditions. He believed the gun gets dirty and the barrel will not lock shut. I believe it's the cheap Spanish metal expanding to the point the barrel will not fit the receiver correctly until it cools off. Six shots would not create enough dirt to prevent the barrel locking shut, nor should cause enough heat to cause problems. I was sighting in so I was not shooting fast but I didn't allow for a cool down either. When I spend $500 on a gun I'd better be able to shot that gun with out it flying open or having to let it cool down. I emailed Traditions and they have not acknowledged my mail therefore I believe this to be a common problem. As I stated earlier I ordered this gun from Bass Pro. I called Bass Pro in Cincinnati Ohio and explaned my situation and was told to bring the gun back. I drove two hours one way only to be told "you have to send it back". The manager was a true BUTT head, I sent the gun back and almost two weeks from the confirmation of receiving the gun, they refunded my money. I contacted Cabela's who states they will take back any thing they sell any where any time at their stores or by mail. <!-- Message body ''"" -->
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!