Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Trail Cameras??
Last Post 19 Aug 2012 03:31 PM by Geecheeboy. 48 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
30 Aug 2007 03:22 PM  
I HAVE A 35MM BUT I AM LOOKING AT BUYING THAT MOULTREE 4.0 MEGAPIXAL FROM WAL-MART $98.00 HAS ANYONE ELSE TRIED THAT ONE???
MIKE EVERETT
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
31 Aug 2007 04:31 PM  
Haven't tried it but my son works in sporting goods at Wal-Mart and I have looked the camera over. I like the feature it has for video...during good light conditions it takes video...if lighting gets poor...say a overcast day/stormy it will take still photos and and night it will take still photos. The eariler Moultries ... 1.3 mega pixel didn't do that, if you set it to video that is all it did so you didn't get any night photos or any overcast/stormy day photos.

Wal-Mart here can't hardly keep those new ones on the shelf. They get a few in and in about two weeks their gone.

I don't think you can go wrong with the new one. The only downfall to the newer ones is that they use "D" cell batteries instead of the 6 volt lantern battery. I have the 2.1 mega pixel and my son does also, we use rechargable 6 volt lantern batteries in ours. Mine I have attached a solar panel to the metal box I have it locked in to keep the 6 volt battery charged. I heard that Moultrie is working on being able to use rechargeable "D" cells with solar panel for the new ones. But, also the new cameras are suppose to last up to 90 days on a good set of "D" cells.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
dthomas
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Sep 2007 12:51 PM  
Like I mentioned in my last post, I ordered a Moultrie I60.  Comparing it to the Cuddeback they are about even.  It seems around dusk and dawn the camera uses the IR causing white pictures. However, the IR range for the Moultrie is quite a bit longer than the Cuddeback.  The Moultrie's IR panel has a much larger surface area than the Cuddeback.  I also like the viewer on the Moultrie.  I have only had the Moultrie for a couple of weeks, and I have had the Cuddebacks for 10 months.  Durablity wise, I haven't had the Moultrie long enough.  However, with my Cuddeback's I have had to send them both in.  First, the No Flash because it was going thru a new set of batteries a week(Replaced motherboard), and most recently the Expert, because it was taking pictures every 1 min regardless if anything was in front of it.(Just sent it in).
I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures. ~Earl Warren
cinch314
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Sep 2007 08:45 PM  
I use Wildview and Moultrie
socks
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Dec 2007 03:00 AM  
moultrie game spy love it
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Dec 2007 03:21 AM  
I have 2 moultrees gonna get another.
recurve
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Jan 2008 07:44 PM  
Several buckeye cams - avg 60,000 pictures per year
Davy.Crockett
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jan 2008 06:40 AM  
my big thing would be witch one is the fastest camera so you don't mis the walking photos
mikec
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Mar 2008 03:40 PM  
i have 3 home brews and im working on #4 all using sony p32 cameras and big foot boards
marcus99
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 May 2008 11:02 PM  
moultrie
go Dale Jr. #88
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 May 2008 12:25 AM  
Davy for a fast camera I would go with a Reconyx or a Buckeye!!
Jerry
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Sep 2008 12:00 PM  
I have a Moultrie I-40
Rick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2008 03:49 AM  
 Ive had the moultrie 5pix with a one gig card for about a month, its taken over 400 pics, I have it set on 3 pics a minute,High rez  the night pics turn out great. The only problem is when the sun is real bright the pics turn out pretty white, all in all Im real satisfied with it.
GPS1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Oct 2008 04:19 PM  

Maybe we can add HCO ScoutGuard to the list. For $200, this is the best digital IR trail cam you can find: 1.2sec trigger time, long battey life,5M real res, color daytime and b&w night pictures, awesome videos, rain and weather proof, extremely small and light, reliable and durable. You can find the detailed reviews on chasingame, can't go wrong with it, hehe, I absolutely love mine

rjunn
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Dec 2008 11:24 PM  
i have 2 moultie 4.0 from wall mart had one for 2yrs one for 6mo. i like them for a feeder but on trails i found that if several deer go by with a 1min. delay(the lowest setting) you only get the first deer. i
iowabucks
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Feb 2009 12:56 AM  
I tried commercial cams but couldn't find one i liked. I build my own homebrews for $150 to $250. I'll never go back to commercial cams now. The only problem is it is addicting. I have 7 homebrews and one IR video unit. 

These are built with regular cameras, so you can check out your pictures right there to decide if you need to move it or not. They are also handy for harvest photos. The last couple deer i shot i just had to walk 100 yards or so to take the camera out and use it for the harvest photos. You don't have to wait forever for customer service to repair your trailcam if you have a problem. You can do it yourself. 

The only thing i hate about these is that it takes about 4 hours to run my "camline" and check all my cameras. I hate the heat and humidity in the summer, but thats the price you have to pay for big buck pictures.
Photobucket
Tracer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Apr 2009 12:51 AM  
Moultrie M40
http://www.whitetailsinsight.aceboards.com
John in West TN
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Apr 2009 11:22 PM  
I have a Cuddeback Capture, which I bought after getting poor results with a pair of cheap Wildviews. The Cuddeback is 'way superior. In one recent series, I placed a Wildview right where a deer trail comes out into a food plot, and it took over 300 pictures -- but only 12 of them had anything on them and the rest were blanks. Of the 12, four were night pictures and the deer was barely visible -- flash range was very poor. By comparison, the Cuddeback took 85 pictures but NONE were blank -- all showed deer, both day and night (and the flash was good enough to light up the capture range), except a few that had coyotes, turkeys, and one red fox. Cuddeback is simpler to use, more reliable, and batteries last longer.
txbowhunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Jun 2009 10:24 PM  
i bought 2 wildview 5mp for 200 at gander mt and i love em
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Jun 2009 11:01 PM  
I use 2 cudde's with no flash
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!