Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
rage broadheads
Last Post 01 Aug 2011 02:44 PM by pinetree. 48 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
hoops4mm
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Nov 2007 07:00 PM  
I've seen 3 deer shot with the Rage 2 Blade and all I can say is WOW. The 2 inch hole that was left in those deer was unbelievable and there was no problem finding a blood trail. One was a doe I shot from about 30 yards. It was a bad shot, I spined her, but the broadhead passed thru both sides. The arrow didn't do a complete pass thru, but she didn't get far. The other 2 were complete pass thru's and there was no problem finding them. I do know another guy who was using the 3 blade and he's shot 2 so far that he wasn't able to find. Both times he saw the arrow sticking out as they ran off. My opinion, go with the 2 blade.
jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
10 Nov 2007 05:06 AM  
I have never used them but always hear that they are very good ????????????????
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
Mapes
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Feb 2008 12:58 AM  
i had problems with mine opening when they were sitting on my rest, but the one deer i did shoot with them only went about sixty yards and didnt complain a bit.
rick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Nov 2008 02:39 PM  
Like most hunters I will try most new products out there to help me harvest my game. I saw the new all the Rage Broad heads and said Hmmm flies like a field tip rear open blades better penetration I'm game! Now I shoot an Alpine Teto Lite @ 70# draw and have been using Wasp Jackhammers with good success but why not try something new for better blood trails and huge wound channel. So I went to my local archery store and bought some... a bit pricey at $38.00 for 3 heads but why not if they will help besides they have a get your game satisfaction or your money back guarantee. So off to my tree stand I go with my new rear deploy heads, 7:30 am here comes a good buck 10 yds under my stand I draw pin him and wham a nice hit a little high on the shoulder blade but I am shooting straight down....off he goes and I'm waiting to see him crash.........There he goes yds 100 yds 150 out of site. I wait 2 hours and start my track.... No blood or arrow to be found guess no passthrough... I follow his hoof prints for 80 yds... no blood at 125 theres some blood great!! 30 yds later nothing no blood.... now the on the hands and knees search...... tiny specks here and there I search for 5 hours and no deer.......Now I'm no rookie I have been bow hunting since 1970 and can track deer but this one is gone......now I go home sick to my stomach that I lost this deer. OK next time out same thing..... good buck under the stand 12 yds shot and a sparse bloodtrail...... another one lost.......Now I'm really sick I haven't lost 2 deer in a row ever!

So now back to the money back guarantee.... I call Rage and the girl says send back 2 of the heads and pratice head and receipt and we'll refund your money....but she just didn't get that 2 deer are dead in the woods with my arrows and the heads still in them.....well you need to send back 2 heads bla bla bla.... Screw it she's just a puppet I guess I will go back to my Wasp heads and take my lumps for trying something new..... So if you want to loose deer go buy some of those Rage heads!!!!! end rant.....

Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
10 Nov 2008 08:27 PM  
do a search on the rage broadhead recall, they had an issue with the 3 blade last year and if your archery store is still selling them, switch archery stores
tszakelyhidio
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Nov 2008 07:12 PM  
i use the g5 tekan 2  the first doe i didnt get a pass through but hit both lungs shot was good found her 70yds away,  second one big 8pt  he was hit high in the back by another hunter half the arrow was still there so i had to put him down , he was straight down so i took the spine and dropped him again no pass through,  i know i took two good shots and neither pass through and both beaman arrows broke.  i know i wont be using the tekans next year  probably wont use beaman ics arrows again either maybe it was me but ill play it safe i dont want to leave any wounded  
tszakelyhidio
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Nov 2008 07:12 PM  
i use the g5 tekan 2  the first doe i didnt get a pass through but hit both lungs shot was good found her 70yds away,  second one big 8pt  he was hit high in the back by another hunter half the arrow was still there so i had to put him down , he was straight down so i took the spine and dropped him again no pass through,  i know i took two good shots and neither pass through and both beaman arrows broke.  i know i wont be using the tekans next year  probably wont use beaman ics arrows again either maybe it was me but ill play it safe i dont want to leave any wounded  
Brandon
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Nov 2008 10:04 PM  
I've heard a lot of good things about the rage 2-blade broadhead, but almost everything I've heard about the 3-blade has been bad. I've never used either of them, because I don't have the money to spend that much on broadheads. I'll stick to my thunderheads.... haven't failed me yet.
Renotexan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Nov 2008 05:28 PM  
My first time on this forum, but found conversation about Rage Broadheads good and wanted to put my 2 cents in. First I have a question. I hunt mostly in South Texas area so we hunt mostly from ground blinds. My blind had shoot through screens on windows. Has anyone heard if this will cause the mechanical heads to open as they pass through?

Ok, now about the Rage heads. As my cousin and hunting partner (10 years my junior) says I'm old school with my bowhunting. He probably is right to a degree. I just recently upgraded to a Matthews Switchback XT. My previous bow was a Hoyt Spectrum made about 1989. Anyway, mechanical heads were around then and always seemed to have some problems at some time opening. Seems they still do by the discussion here. I guess my take on Rage is this. Why do I need a head that has to move to do its job. I understand the large wound channel, but I have to depend that those blades will stay in tact, slide back, open up and cut. I'm a mechanical person and have always liked the saying that the less moving parts you have, the more reliable it is.

Last, I shoot the Muzzy 100 4 blade heads. I have shot Muzzy for years, but my first experience with the 4 blade. They are definitely "Bad To The Bone". I took a doe during archery season at 20 yds. I hit her dead square in the closest shoulder, broke through bone, passed through closets rib dead center, through cavity, center of opposing side rib, out though far side shoulder blade and flew about 20 yds behind her. She ran about 40 yards and dropped. I picked up my arrow and looked at the head. No damage, blades perfect, looked like it hadnt even been shot other than blood on it. I will admit small blood trail, but wow, all that bone and it blew through her on a straight line. Bottom line is if we as hunters put the arrow in right place and the arrow and head go through the body on the line we shoot, the deer will not go far. I have killed many deer and hogs with a bow over the years. I have only lost one hog in that time. All using fixed blade heads. So I guess I will stay old school.

buglin
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Jan 2009 04:56 AM  
I am new to this sight but just had to reply!  I know everybody has their own opinion but a deer will expire pretty fast if  you shoot them good with any broadhead. as to people ragging on the rage 3 blade here you go. I was really nervous about mechanicals but thought i would try the rage after reading a few good articles. august 2007 I shot a 4 by 5 muledeer 45 yards passthru best blood trail i have ever seen. september 2007 I shot a 370 bull elk at 28 yards again complete passthru i watched the bull expire within 100 yards. jan 2008 shot a javalina same thing bigger than a yote or bobcat and zipped right thru pig died within 50 yards. august 2008 shot an antelope which some may be ****** but i practice alot at this distance i shot 80 yards hitting the antelope behind the shoulder quartered toward me passing thru his hip on other side but did not pass thru still good blood died withen 150 yards. november 2008 shot another bull elk at 31 yards and flinched bad after holding bow back for probably close to 2 minutes hit the bull high the arrow penetrated through the spine bull dropped after another quck shot the bull expired quickly. I dont want to start a huge rukkas but ive seen what they do and its impressive. im thinkin if  there wasnt a blood trail it wasnt do to the broadhead, but more to the broadhead placement. thanks Chris from Arizona
hoops4mm
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Mar 2009 02:22 AM  
I have shot the Rage 2 blade for the past 2 seasons.  With the 2" cutting diameter, I figured I couldn't go wrong.  The first season I shot a doe from about 30 yards away, she only got about 20 yards and dropped.  It looked like a horror film, blood everywhere.  This past season I shot a 9 pointer, he was only about 15 yards (maybe) directly below my tree stand.  It was a good shot (better be from that distance) with full pass thru.  The amount of blood was unreal.  I'm color blind, so tracking deer is difficult for me.  Ray Charles could've tracked this buck.  He ran maybe 15 yards and crashed.  So, what I'm trying to say is that I'm sold on the rage - I think you guys who are having problems should try the 2 blade.
swampgoat
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Aug 2009 10:17 AM  
maybe if you had a real bow, you wouldn't have this problem!! 
tenpointplus1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2009 03:14 AM  

I will be switching back to my tried and true spitfires.Last nite i arrowed a doe at 15 yards double lung hit  and i thought i would find her not to far from where i shot her but to my surprise no blood maybe three drops.Found the arrow and one of the blades did not deploy searched for two hours and not a sign of her.I think i could of had better luck just using a field tip.Very disappointed what a waste of cash!

mocha1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Nov 2009 12:58 AM  
Reading the Rage posts I have to share my experiences this year. I switched to rage 2 blade because of all the hype about wound channels and how they fly and group. After last week I have pitched them into the trash and will never entertain a mechanical again. I shoot a Mathews legacy, 29 in draw 70#, carbon impact. Last week had a good buck at 20 yards broadside. Watched the arrow hit the ribcage, with a loud sharp crack. Buck ran off with most of arrow protruding. Found the arrow at about 100 yds, both blades were sheared completely off. After about 200 yards blood quit, spent rest of day checking trails, ravines, brushpiles nothing. 3 days later, better buck at 18 yards, good shot into the ribcage, buck ran off, most of the arrow hanging out. No blood, no arrow, after searching all the next day found nothing. Sick about losing two good bucks. Have hung my bow for the year. Both shots were from tree stand 12 - 15 feet high, angle was not severe.
caiman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Nov 2009 12:13 AM  

i agree im done with rage, a buddy mine recomended them so i bought the 3 blades, first deer i hit was a little high but still good shot, arrow was still in deer as it ran, went through but had 6inch of so of fletched end hanging out, stopped about 50yds and yanked it out, ran back in front me the straight out, it was muddy i was able to track it 100yds by tracks, not a single drop of blood anywhere not even splatter where it pulled it out and when i picked it up one of the blades hadnt deployed n the other 2 wernt fully open, spent 5hrs looking for her

2nd deer i hit with it clean through shot right through lungs %^&* for blood trail, deer ran 200yds thank god stayed on same deer trail whole time, had it veered off i wouldve lost it, took me an hr to find him thanks to the %^&* ass blood trail

3rd deer hit in the shoulder tripped n feel o ver everything, ran into a tree and yanked out the arrow, ran up the hill n laid down about 100yds out, i waited n hr and went after her, before arrow was pulled %^&* for blood trail after semi decent, sure wasnt what "rage" advertises i go0t about half way up the hill to were shed laid down n she got up n trotted off like nothing was wrong, n about 10ft from were she laid is also were the blood trail ended, seen a deer couple times since we think is her, were she laid for an hr no pool of blood noithing but matted down leaves n grass spent 4hrs looking for her

4th deer today was a fawn maybe 60-75lb hit in the shoulder semi decent trail for 150yds then tiny drops for 50 the nothing, ran into this super thick briar patch u gotta crawl through on your hand n knees founds maybe 5 tiny drops of blood in there but lost the trail n she still has my arrow in her, spent 5.5hrs looking for her

im sorry but IMO these broadheads r %^&* and ill never use them for anything but squirell again, n when the 2 i have left are busted i will never buy any products from this company never again, imo they are falsly advertised and causing more harm then good, i read somewhere NY outlawed them, i think other states should as well, i could put a feild point through a fawns shoulder n when a deer has an arrow sticking outta it and runs through a briar patch it should strart gushing blood, a good sling shot n marbles couldve done more damage

till today i kept blaiming myself, bad shot, hit bone etc well a fawn that small doesnt have rock solid bone like adults ever is the blades didnt deploy it should have killed that deer, IMO of course, in the future ill bve avoiding rage like the plegue

caiman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Nov 2009 12:13 AM  

i agree im done with rage, a buddy mine recomended them so i bought the 3 blades, first deer i hit was a little high but still good shot, arrow was still in deer as it ran, went through but had 6inch of so of fletched end hanging out, stopped about 50yds and yanked it out, ran back in front me the straight out, it was muddy i was able to track it 100yds by tracks, not a single drop of blood anywhere not even splatter where it pulled it out and when i picked it up one of the blades hadnt deployed n the other 2 wernt fully open, spent 5hrs looking for her

2nd deer i hit with it clean through shot right through lungs %^&* for blood trail, deer ran 200yds thank god stayed on same deer trail whole time, had it veered off i wouldve lost it, took me an hr to find him thanks to the %^&* ass blood trail

3rd deer hit in the shoulder tripped n feel o ver everything, ran into a tree and yanked out the arrow, ran up the hill n laid down about 100yds out, i waited n hr and went after her, before arrow was pulled %^&* for blood trail after semi decent, sure wasnt what "rage" advertises i go0t about half way up the hill to were shed laid down n she got up n trotted off like nothing was wrong, n about 10ft from were she laid is also were the blood trail ended, seen a deer couple times since we think is her, were she laid for an hr no pool of blood noithing but matted down leaves n grass spent 4hrs looking for her

4th deer today was a fawn maybe 60-75lb hit in the shoulder semi decent trail for 150yds then tiny drops for 50 the nothing, ran into this super thick briar patch u gotta crawl through on your hand n knees founds maybe 5 tiny drops of blood in there but lost the trail n she still has my arrow in her, spent 5.5hrs looking for her

im sorry but IMO these broadheads r %^&* and ill never use them for anything but squirell again, n when the 2 i have left are busted i will never buy any products from this company never again, imo they are falsly advertised and causing more harm then good, i read somewhere NY outlawed them, i think other states should as well, i could put a feild point through a fawns shoulder n when a deer has an arrow sticking outta it and runs through a briar patch it should strart gushing blood, a good sling shot n marbles couldve done more damage

till today i kept blaiming myself, bad shot, hit bone etc well a fawn that small doesnt have rock solid bone like adults ever is the blades didnt deploy it should have killed that deer, IMO of course, in the future ill bve avoiding rage like the plegue

Rick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2009 10:11 PM  
Sold me, I'm tossing mine.I dont want to lose a big deer.I just saw them and was going to try them i sure do not want to lose a big old buck that would be bad.
Rick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2009 10:12 PM  
Sold me, I'm tossing mine.I dont want to lose a big deer.I just saw them and was going to try them i sure do not want to lose a big old buck that would be bad.
tndeerslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Dec 2009 03:51 AM  

Well crap...I just bought a pack and tossed the old and all I have left is the rages. All though, from what I have read in the post Rages work great at like 15 and out, not so much at closer ranges. Hope I dont have a bad expiriance in the woods tomorrow.....

T-BONE
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Dec 2009 06:21 PM  

Worked for me, best blood trail I have ever seen! Dropped this buck on the spot and then he only went 10 or so yards on his side.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!