Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Looking for A Montana Elk Hunt
Last Post 13 Jun 2009 05:54 PM by backwoods_boy. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
18 Feb 2008 12:47 AM  
Me and my husband are looking for a guide, we plan on making a trip to montana this fall. And want to get a guided back country Elk hunt.
If anyone can help, please contact me here. Thanks!!!!
jmontanye
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 May 2009 10:10 AM  
Check out ElkRange.com
Mtguide
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 May 2009 08:32 PM  
I would recommend an outfitter in Western Montana, Upper Canyon Outfitters.  You can look them up at uncmontana.com.  The owner is Donna McDonald.  They are located in Alder, Mt. that the base of the Snowy, Green and Gravely Mountain ranges.  Their back country camp is in the Snowy mountains.  They run a ranch and will give you the whole Montana experience.  I have recommeded them to several people over the years and all have had a great experienc.
backwoods_bow
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jun 2009 05:54 PM  
check out JJJ outfitters out of Augusta, MT. Our family is pretty good friends with Ernie and Kim that own and operate JJJ. They are awesome people and we have stayed in their camp back on the North Fork of the Sun River after they were done guiding hunters for the year. This year we ended up forgetting a pack saddle for one of the horses at home so my Paw Paw ran up to their house and they gladly let us borrow one of theirs. There is huge numbers of elk back there. This past season we camped a couple miles up the river from him and actually ended up hunting a heard of elk with one of one of Ernie's guides since he didnt have a hunter as they were about to pull their camp for the year. I dont know their phone number but im sure they are real easy to find on the internet. Hope something works out for you.
Live to hunt, Hunt to live
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!