Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Any Maryland Hunters Here?
Last Post 15 Jul 2008 05:31 PM by NY7MMHUNTER. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CharmCitysKing
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Nov 2007 06:47 PM  
Im 21 Lookin for some MD Hunters to share tips with about this coming rut
Mudstick
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Dec 2007 03:14 PM  
I am a MD hunter, though new to the area.  I have been hunting pretty hard since 1 Dec.  I have been deployed and I have just returned.  This is my first year in MD. I am slowly starting to figure these deer.  A slow process though.  I hunt an area (Private Land) that has people hunting all around me.  These deer are smart.  Have not got one yet, but will keep trying.  If you have any tips and would like to share that would be great.  
Will
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Dec 2007 03:49 PM  
I'm new to Maryland too. I haven't found anywhere to hunt. I live in Harford County and am from Virginia where I was used to having 500+ acres of private land split between 4 people. There is plent of public land but I don't have my bow set up and most of the areas only allow bow hunting. I just moved up and don't plan on buying a license for maryland this season because I have a VA license and will just be making the trip down there a couple more times. As far as the rut goes I'd imagine that it is similar to the rut in VA because of proximity but I could be WAY off. Usually the frist rut is most active during bow or early muzzleloader season and then there is a second rut that seems to be much less active late november early december. That how things seemed to happen in the area of VA I hunt but like I said that could be way different up here. If anyone in MD needs a hunting buddy for next year please let me know. I always feel much safer going hunting with someone. You never know what can happen when you are out there alone . . .
matt
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Mar 2008 05:22 PM  
I HUNT THE FREDERICK WATERSHED AND HAVE HAD SOME GOOD LUCK ALSO I HUNT UP IN NY I OWN SOME PROPERTY AND ALSO HUNT ON A FRIENDS FARM WHICH HAS TONS OF DEER ON IT .
matt
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Jul 2008 05:31 PM  
I just heard that the dnr is going to open up lLoch Raven and man are there some nice big bucks in there. Ihave seen some large rack bucks on the side of the road near the golf course just eating away and paying no attention to anyone , hopefully that will change .
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!