Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Hunting in New York
Last Post 05 Nov 2010 01:48 AM by TimberKing. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
younghunter18
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Sep 2008 01:23 AM  

Hi, 

Any help would be appreciated. I'm a young hunter, and the past two seasons I have ended up short on tagging some deer. I hunt in Delhi and also in Ulster County. If anyone has an adivice for hunting either areas I would appreciate some feedback 

NYDeer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Nov 2008 02:10 AM  
Hope your having some good luck this year.. You should be seeing tons of deer sign in the woods by now. If not, you may need to check out where the deer actually are. Look for scat & rubs, and trails. Out here, trails can be a literal trail, or just all the vegetation trampled in an area while the surrounding brush is standing upright. Areas like this usually have a bunch of scat cause the deer will just stand & feed. If you cant find any of these signs, it may even mean checking out other pieces of land..Remember, older establish forests have less browse, so they will hold less deer, unless a food source is available nearby.. If your hunting state land, the NYS DEC site has a bunch of maps & brochures available..Also, use google maps for the topo/terrain features, and Live. com for the airial/birdseye views to pre-scout land before walking it. 'Funnels, like saddle back areas between two ridges or a narrow strip of woods between two larger spots can be super travel corridors & a great spot for a stand/post location.Keep a look out for where the does, cause the big boys will be running hard for them soon.. Good luck.
Papa Burgundy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Jan 2009 01:02 AM  
Where in Ulster county are you hunting? I hunt in greene county and ulster also. There are alot of big bucks in some ulster areas? I am from Catskill area.
Ready...aim...Dead!!
TimberKing
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Nov 2010 01:48 AM  
start to scout in May watch e-bay for a cheap trail cams "look in the spring" don't wait till the season to start. I got 2 for 50 bucks. then just spend all your free time in the woods.
Dwight
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!