Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Representing Texas
Last Post 17 Dec 2007 05:56 PM by trinitydeerslayer. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 09:10 AM  
   Hello South Central I wanted to chime in and say what part of South Central I was frome. Well I live in San Antonio, TX, but I hunt in Crystal City. Hope to hear from some fellow South Central hunters.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Aug 2007 09:13 AM  
Posted By cfiloteo3 on 08/04/2007 3:10 AM
   Hello South Central I wanted to chime in and say what part of South Central I was from. Well I live in San Antonio, TX, but I hunt in Crystal City. Hope to hear from some fellow South Central hunters.

Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Aug 2007 05:55 AM  
Hey cfiloteo3. I generally hunt where I can in Texas. Last couple of years I was up in the Panhandle, above Childress. Not gonna get to hunt this year. Lost my good lease up there and the one I replaced it with was pretty terrible last year. I will miss putting some venison in the freezer and the feeling of the great out doors, but I just couldn't see paying for junk again this year. Sort of a bummer but you have some good luck and get a big one for me!
Urimaginaryfrnd

--
30 Sep 2007 04:05 PM  
If you dont own land in Texas it's hard to hunt there, I was fortunate enough to have several friends that had ranches when I grew up in San Antonio. I always liked hunting Rocksprings. There is some Texas Parks and Wildlife land south of San Antonio that is really good hunting but you have to sign up for a drawing to get to hunt it. If you have some way to get up off the ground like a tripod stand that can be worth its weight in gold there because most of the mesquite and other trees are not suitable for a ladder stand. Call Texas Parks and Wildlife and ask how you sign up to do their wildlife management hunts. Good Luck this may be the opportunity you have not realised existed as free hunting in Texas is quite few and far between. My other suggestion is take up bow hunting and go out and spend some time talking to farmers who might be having problems with deer getting their crops. A farmer that would never allow a gun hunter may well say yes you can hunt if you are using a bow because there is no fear that you will shoot their cattle or their barn etc. Guys that ranch have to make their tax money by leasing the land for hunting but that is not the case with farm ground. Drive around and look to see where you see deer that could be considered a nusiance by the land owner then find him and ask - you have nothing to loose.
THUNDERHEAD 125
))))==========>
THE BUCK STOPS HERE
CRITTERGETTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Nov 2007 01:48 AM  
I feel your  pain.I Lost my lease last year to land owners son moving back home. Im not from around this area. Its real hard to find a place to go hunting on private land. I am so lost,  opening week has come and gone and im like a fish out of water. I guess I will try the LBJ Grass Lands this week end. 

You would think that it would be easy to find a place. Unfortunately the farmers all know what each other are getting for leases. I dont blame them for being entrapaneuars. Farming is hard who wouldnt want to make an extra buck for a buck! I just dont know how long I can stay in the game with guys with fat wallets.

My passion is hunting. I just hope that someone will invite me this year! TTL the Crittter 

You can check out some of my huntin pics at    www.myspace.com/critter_getter
CRITTERGETTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Nov 2007 11:08 PM  
CRITTERGETTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
14 Nov 2007 11:10 PM  
Well i tried the LBJ this week end and got this seven pt. Can you say luck! that was my first public hunt! It was a two mile hike in and yep two mile drag out. It was well worth it. TTl the Critter Getter
trinitydeerslayer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Dec 2007 05:56 PM  
Howdy y'all. Greetings from the northwest side of hell- uh, I mean Houston :)

I hunt up north of Huntsville a little ways. Had a pretty disappointing season. Got a nice 8-point and was able to take a young man on his first deer hunt. He got a nice doe. Thats all good and well except I saw a 150" class 10- or maybe 12- the week before Thanksgiving. Our new QDMA lease rules allow only 1 buck per gun. With an 8 in the bag already, that monster got a free pass (had to watch the damn thing actually eat at my feeder with a doe for beter than 5 minutes. That just doesn't happen very often at all). Oh well. It was very traumatic but I'm almost over it now.

Hope y'all've fared better. The games all real fat this season but couple the unGodly heat with the fact that theres so much browse everywhere, nothings been moving much.

Crittergitter I think I may have some solutions to your hunting land dilemna. Try www.huntingpages.com. Its a cheap lease listing service for Texas. They've got leases all over the state (some others too) andin all price ranges. I love it. Plus, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. is coming out with a free one very shortly. I left all the info on it at home but I'll try and get it to you tomorrow. Might be worth your wild to check it out. Then again, you got a nice 7-point on public land for next to nothing...

Best wishes for whats left of the season!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!