Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

hogs
Last Post 18 Feb 2008 05:37 PM by jeremyjms06. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
fishmaster911
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Sep 2007 03:06 AM  

i have small question for all. i just joined a hunting club in central louisiana, i'm kinda worried i won't see many deer because of some ugly hogs. will hogs run the deer off ? by the way this is the first year deer hunting , im a new come-r to the sport any tips would be greatly appreciated . thanks

AndyC
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Sep 2007 03:35 AM  
Kill every hog you see! That my suggestion.
fishmaster911
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Sep 2007 03:55 AM  
i plan on it ! my freezer will be full of pork!
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Sep 2007 06:12 AM  
Hogs and deer co-exist on my property pretty well, except that they compete for the same food sources. You have to hunt the hogs hard to keep their population in check. If uncontrolled, they will overpopulate and starve the deer out.
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Sep 2007 01:28 PM  
Mcraddock is right, "If uncontrolled, they will overpopulate and starve the deer out." In SC there is no season, you can hunt them all year long. They're trying to control the population. In NC there are several professional hunters employed by the state to kill & trap hogs because they are devastating the native plants in some areas.
Bloodhound Fan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
25 Sep 2007 01:40 PM  
Just go ahead and hunt deer during deer season, If you see a hog go ahead and kill it and don't forget we can hunt hogs year round in LA.

UNREGULATED QUADRUPEDS

Holders of a legal hunting license may take coyotes, unmarked hogs where legal and armadillos year round during legal daylight shooting hours.

rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Sep 2007 07:54 PM  
yea you can hunt hogs year round just about every were without a liscene , and like mcraddock said, if you let the hogs get more populated they will drive the deer out, and you dont want them messn up ur food plots if you have any either
SOUTHERN PRIDE
droptine06
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Sep 2007 01:38 PM  
Tn is begging hunters to kill every hog seen
Hillbilly Willy
Today is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
02 Oct 2007 06:12 PM  
WOULD LIKE TO KILL A WILD PIG BUT WE DON`T HAVE THEM HERE IN VA.
fishmaster911
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Oct 2007 02:53 AM  
last week we killed 7 hogs,6 in a trap and one that was hanging around the trap. one boar that went 210 lbs, one sow that went 200 lbs and 5 smaller ones that were about 80-90 lbs.we have camera pics that showed a boar around 300 lbs,another sow around 250 and she had 9 piglets around 40-50 lbs.i checked my camera, no hogs but a pic of a doe so that kinda made me fell good, so there is hope i will see something this year. thanks alot for the comments
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Oct 2007 05:25 AM  
Posted By fishmaster911 on 10/02/2007 8:53 PM
last week we killed 7 hogs,6 in a trap and one that was hanging around the trap. one boar that went 210 lbs, one sow that went 200 lbs and 5 smaller ones that were about 80-90 lbs.we have camera pics that showed a boar around 300 lbs,another sow around 250 and she had 9 piglets around 40-50 lbs.i checked my camera, no hogs but a pic of a doe so that kinda made me fell good, so there is hope i will see something this year. thanks alot for the comments

Sounds like a good week  !!  Where abouts did this occur ?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Oct 2007 02:18 PM  
mcraddock sounds like this guy is either in "hog heaven" or in need of some help.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Oct 2007 02:18 PM  
mcraddock sounds like this guy is either in "hog heaven" or in need of some help.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Eric Scivicque
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Oct 2007 05:32 PM  
You wouldn't happen to have joined the "High Ground" hunting club in Nebo, Louisiana huh? Sounds like the problems we are having right now.
Peace through superior firepower.

“The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail, the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Col. Jeff Cooper USMC.
fishmaster911
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Oct 2007 02:26 AM  
dry creek in vowells mills, la
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Oct 2007 05:44 PM  
Shooting every hog you see will mean the more deer you see. It's hard to keep on top of all the pigs, but as long as you shoot one every time you see one, then you are making progress.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
oldonetechnique
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Nov 2007 01:19 PM  
Hey anyone close to kentucky have a few hogs they want killed I would love to bag a few I have always wanted to hunt them but dont want to hunt a ranch.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
02 Jan 2008 06:08 PM  
you can buy wild hogs, bred em and let em go on your land
SOUTHERN PRIDE
secondchance
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Jan 2008 05:42 AM  
Posted By rebel deer hunter on 01/02/2008 12:08 PM
you can buy wild hogs, bred em and let em go on your land

From what ive been reading, I dont think that is very good advice
John 316
PaulG
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Feb 2008 04:27 PM  
I want to go hog hunting so bad I can taste it! Only thing is, I don't have my own gun or bow yet. Unless a youth bow with a 35-lb pull will kill one. Here in Georgia, I can't find anything in the regulations about bow poundage, but we do have to have broadheads and a primitive weapons license. That I don't have yet, since I don't have a bow I can use for deer, but if I find a place to go, I'm gettin' me one!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!