Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

close encounters
Last Post 18 Feb 2008 05:54 PM by jeremyjms06. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
18 Sep 2007 11:37 AM  
While squirrel hunting the other day, I went to retrieve a wounded squirrel  only to find that he must have went up this tree, something caught my eye in the field I was by and it was 9 longbeard gobblers feeding. only 30 yards away and getting closer. Now take in consideration I hunted my but off this past spring and came up empty handed, ther I set with shotgun in hand and had my pic of 9 different gobblers. For a miila-second I wanted to get even with them. then reality set in and i knew it was more about the game we play in the spring. I know now where I will set up a blind and try to arrow one this fall. Oh yea, as I watched the turkeys closing in on me, the wounded squirrel decided to die and fell with a resounding thud only 3 feet away from me....scared the heck out of me and the turkeys.
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Sep 2007 01:04 PM  
Posted By slawman on 09/18/2007 5:37 AM
Oh yea, as I watched the turkeys closing in on me, the wounded squirrel decided to die and fell with a resounding thud only 3 feet away from me....scared the heck out of me and the turkeys.

LOL!!! Now that's funny!!! Well at least you got the squirrel...

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Sep 2007 01:15 PM  
My close encounter was between a cotton mouth and my self.I was trying to sneak up on a beaver that was backing up water in our pasture and I almost stepped on him,he narrowly missed my leg 3 times.
I can tell you one thing,I sure was dancing.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Sep 2007 01:15 PM  
Killed the snake,missed the beaver!
Tubby
kcgrill
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Sep 2007 09:36 PM  

I live in the city across from a park so it is not unusual for squirrels to be hanging around in the trees in our backyard. While grilling dinner the other night I was standing by the grill when I heard a noise in the tree so naturally I looked up. A baby squirrel, about 6 inches long, came towards me tumbling off each branch as he/she fell, landing with a resounding SMACK on the grill (thank goodness the lid was down).  I called my wife to come see the stunned squirrel who was now laying on the ground. While we were standing there once again a commotion above our heads alerted us that this may not be the only gymnastically blessed squirrel. My wife screamed as two squirrels landed right next to her, while I jumped out of the way laughing!
We left all three on the ground while we ate dinner; yes I finished grilling and no it was not grilled squirrel...that time. After finishing dinner we went back outside to check on the squirrels and they were all gone as Mama took them back up the tree. It was quite interesting and just as funny in retrospect.  

BOWHUNTER missouri
8 Point
8 Point

--
18 Sep 2007 11:58 PM  
I was squirrel hunting one year and , saw this squirrel going towards this tree so ,I was going to shoot it and as I was looking at it ,I noticed it was to small to shoot so Iwas going to let it go it started running down the hill towards me . it got closer and closer then it was right there beside me it was just a baby squirrel so I put my hand down and it jumped right in my hand . so I went on hunting with the squirrel on my shoulder. but when I was done hunting I let him go . but I thought was pretty cool.
GIT-R-DONE
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
19 Sep 2007 05:05 PM  
FUNNY
countrygirl
Forum Moderator
8 Point
8 Point

--
22 Sep 2007 04:43 AM  
Squirrels, are great, cute and very smart animals and fun as pets!! A few years back we were parked waiting for our daughter to get out of school and it was a rainy windy day, me and the hubby were sitting there talking and a baby squirrel fell out of a huge oak tree right next to our truck. We got out and looked , it was still breathing and we took it home. The little guy didnt even have his eyes open yet. Anyway my mothering took in... And the first few days I had to force feed the little thing, he was to weak to eat. But I was determined to help him. After he got a little stronger he was sucking a bottle really well, after a few weeks of that, I started feeding him baby cereal in his bottle. He was getting bigger and opend his eyes, the kids loved him, we named him Rocky...lol and we took him all over with us. He loved to sit on our shoulders and get in our hair..lol Then he started getting alittle hyper and we made him a pen outside. By then he was eating corn and nuts and the stuff squirrels eat..lol We left his pen open and he would go out and climb the trees. When we went out he would come running and jump down on our shoulders!! Ouch!!! Was funny though. Now he doesn't come back and guess he has a family, but we know he's still out there. Was a great experience for all of us..
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
22 Sep 2007 09:45 AM  
thats a funny and cute story cg, you ought to see one eating peanut butter, really funny....cg.....Moderator?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
22 Sep 2007 02:37 PM  
Countrygirl,they are neat as pets,my wife raised one and we named it George.Once she got big enough to eat,her one of favorite treats was chocholate.
Tubby
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
23 Sep 2007 08:57 PM  
MY HUSBAND AND 2 FRIEND WERE RIDING 4 WHEELER BEHIND OUR HOUSE AND HIS FRIEND WES HAD A VERY CLOSE ENCOUNTER.HERE WAS SITTING ON HIS FOURWHEELER AND ALL 3 WERE TALKING WATCHING A DEER IN THE WOOD WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN OUT OF NO WHERE THIS DEER JUMPED OVER WES ON HIS 4 WHEELER AND RAN INTO THE WOODS.MY HUSBAND AND JASON SAY HE TURN WHITE AS A GHOST AND COULD TALK FOR A FEW MINUTES.I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BEEN THERE AN SEEN IT FOR IT HAD TO BE FUNNY.
z3z528

--
24 Sep 2007 01:30 AM  
thats hilarious... congrats on the little guy
Ohio is where the Big Bucks Roam!!!
jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
25 Sep 2007 08:30 AM  
Thats funny
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
RCraig
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Jan 2008 05:32 AM  
My close encounter was one summer when I was checking on my stands before bow season started. As I started heading back toward camp I was walking through knee high grass. I just happened to look down and about six feet in front of me was a huge rattlesnake. I don't think I have ever been as scared as at that moment. If I hadn't looked down, I was two steps from stepping on that snake. When I calmed down I looked closer and realized it wasn't one, but two snakes and they were entwined. I happened to have my .22 with me, but it had a bad sear pin. It would fire once and reload but not re-cock. I had to manually eject a live shell to reload and re-cock. So, I took aim at the head of the big snake, shot, and ran back about 10 yards. Luckily the other snake went to my right, so I reloaded and shot it. The small snake was 5 1/2 feet AFTER cutting the head off and had seven rattles. The big snake was 6 1/2 feet AFTER cutting the head off and had fourteen rattles. On that lease no one had seen a rattler in three years, but that year we killed four in two weeks. I think it was several more years before another one was spotted.
A Christmas card for You!: http://www.bigbucksunlimited.com/Card1.htm
Big Bucks Unlimited: Learning to be responsible stewards of renewable resources.
jeremyjms06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Feb 2008 05:54 PM  
about 3 weeks ago me and a buddy was out scouting/hunting for coyotes. we was walking down a clear cut trail when we decided to go seperate ways on the trail to see what was on either side. I went to the right and walked maybe 20 yards when i noticed a nice field down in a valley. I laid my 7mag against a tree and was gonna go get my buddy, well as i turned around i happened to to look down and saw a huge rattlesnake staring at me. evidently i stepped right over him on the way in. it was cold that morning so i assume he hadnt warmed up enough to react in time to get me. he looked ready this time cuz he was staring me down. i yelled for my buddy and then pulled out my 9mm and gave him a hollow point to the neck. took him back to the truck and measured him, 5'4" with 9 rattles. he never rattled until i shot him, kinda creeped me out.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!