Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
I wanna be first ... hog pics!!
Last Post 21 Aug 2008 05:14 AM by mcraddock. 40 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 02:00 AM  
I saw that the 'other game'  forum was empty so I decided to be first. Lets see some hog pics. I'll go first.

I'm a spike again? Bummer !!

[IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/mcraddock50/128_2818.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/mcraddock50/128_2809.jpg[/IMG]
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 02:03 AM  
Dang !! Image codes or links aren't working yet !
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 02:08 AM  
Just found out that I have to use the URL code now instead of the IMG code. I'll try again. Here goes...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/mcraddock50/128_2818.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/mcraddock50/128_2809.jpg
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 02:11 AM  
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 03:43 AM  
Man,that's alot of bacon!I killed one several years back ,took it ot a processor and he messed up the meat.Good luck on the hogs.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2007 05:13 AM  
Mcraddock, when we goin hunting brother? i need to find a place to do some serious hog hunting, we only have places here in PA that are high fence opperations and cost $400 for a 100-150 pounder, plus if you goof and only wound the pig, you still have to pay even if it's not recovered. my only other option is to try and hunt some of the state game lands around these opperations in hopes of finding some of the ones that got out. thats ;ike finding a needle in a haystack.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 06:16 AM  
Pheonix, if you are ever down this way I'd be happy to take you hog hunting on my private land. The only license you would need is a S.C. small game hunting which is about $10 for a 7-day non-resident. I bait and feed the hogs during the spring and summer months so stand hunting over a feeder is the prefered method right now. It's just too hot to run the dogs. During deer season we are not allowed to feed or bait so we usually run the dogs on 'em then. Only knives are used when use the dogs, bay dogs are in such close proximity to the hog that it's just not safe to shoot.

Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2007 06:27 AM  
Where exactly are you at in SC so i can get an idea of driving time and maybe get a chance to come down around the third weekend in september i could only hunt for the weekend before i would have to head home.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
18 Jul 2007 06:41 AM  
Mapquest Easley, SC. Possum Kingdom is the name of the community I live near but it is not incorporated. I just love it when peolpe ask if that is a real place. IT IS !! and yes, we have alot of possums.

That weekend is opening day of our bow season for deer. Probably not a good day. It would need to be before sept. 15 or after oct. 11 when gun season comes in for us. Are rules are funny about hog hunting in that you can only use weapons for whatever is currently in season. Right now because there is nothing in season you can use whatever on private land only, but when bow season comes in you can only use bows on hogs until muzzleloader sesason, and so on.
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2007 07:38 AM  
Mybe we could try for Labor day weekend i think it's the 1st. just have to convince the wife to let me come down and i have to see if i have the money to make the trip.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jul 2007 07:48 AM  
just checked it, it's 9 hours from where i live, that's not bad at all. can you hunt on sundays? and what arms are you allowed to use, i have anything you can think of, but i would like to try to get one with my Colt Anaconda or my M1A, but i would deffinatly like to get one with a bow. how many are you allowed to shoot?
Pfc. Chris Smith
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Jul 2007 02:10 AM  
Posted By Phoenix on 07/18/2007 1:48 AM
just checked it, it's 9 hours from where i live, that's not bad at all. can you hunt on sundays? and what arms are you allowed to use, i have anything you can think of, but i would like to try to get one with my Colt Anaconda or my M1A, but i would deffinatly like to get one with a bow. how many are you allowed to shoot?

Yes, you can hunt on Sundays only on private land. Until Sept. 15, we can use any big game or small game weapon. No limit on hogs as they are viewed as a nuisance and invasive species.

Right now the hogs are coming in to the feeder once a day in the evening, about 9:00 p.m. But they have 'winded' me and a buddy on several occasions recently just cause it's to hot to stay scent-free very long. And it's way too hot to wear my Scentblocker suit. Staying elevated is tough with all the leaves and the mosquitoes are horrible because I set up this feed site up right next to a beaver pond. A good bug suit, thermacell, and comfortable climber stand are a must for this type of hunting. We stay in our stands up til midnight and use nightvision or varmit spotlights when time to shoot, the hogs are pretty loud so there is plenty of advance warning when they are coming in.

Weekends are best for me. I am usually off Fri, Sat, Sun. I'll PM you my mobile number so we can go over the specifics if you need more info.
hobocr
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Jul 2007 04:00 AM  
Macraddock, those are some nice looking hogs you got there, If your ever down here in Louisiana let me know and we will put a hunt together,
we also have the Uncle Earl hog bay every year and the stand off class were you can get in the pen with the hog by your self and score points to win things
it's a hole weakend worth of stuff.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Jul 2007 04:27 AM  
Posted By hobocr on 07/18/2007 10:00 PM
Macraddock, those are some nice looking hogs you got there, If your ever down here in Louisiana let me know and we will put a hunt together,
we also have the Uncle Earl hog bay every year and the stand off class were you can get in the pen with the hog by your self and score points to win things
it's a hole weakend worth of stuff.

Thanks hobocr ! I just may take you up on that !! The Uncle Earl hog bay sounds like a real blast. I'll look into it some more and let ya know.
rackaholic1989
6 Point
6 Point

--
19 Jul 2007 11:43 PM  
nice lookin hogs...congrats
If Its Brown It's Down!
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Jul 2007 10:24 PM  
Nice looking hogs
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Jul 2007 12:02 AM  
Once again you have a great pic of hogs. I was around Easley a few weeks ago. We have family in Pickens, SC and I love it everytime we go over. I was thinking about contacting you, but the amount of time we had was limited.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Jul 2007 04:58 AM  
yea buddy thats a mess of hogs, looks like everyone had a good day, I need to find the time to fix my trap so I can get some of that
SOUTHERN PRIDE
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
27 Jul 2007 06:35 PM  
NICE LOAD OF BACON YOU GOT THERE
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Jul 2007 07:09 AM  
WOW!!! Now that is a nice bunch of hogs!!! I would love to try hunting for hogs. But I do not know if any are in my area. I know that there are some through out my state. But I don't know where or anything else. I heard in the southern part of the state, and they are supposedly working there way north. But I don't know how far south they are or anything else. I mean I am in the south western part of the state, about 60 miles to the southern boarder. But I have not heard or seen of any in my area.

Someone here (Buckmasters) about a year ago told me to shoot them quartered a way from me for the best kill shot because of some bone or something that kind of protects them from a normal side shot for any other animal.
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!