Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Sept archery bear hunt
Last Post 08 Jan 2009 04:41 PM by Bobo. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bobo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Oct 2008 03:24 PM  
Well the hunt here in NB lasted two weeks in Sept, archery only, the lads hailed from SC, Wva, NY and Mass, six lads in total went home with 6 NB bears, the fall hunt began on Monday and will end at the end of the month, no one due til next spring though, so maybe I will go out for a week during the deer season, bear overlaps one week on the 27th, have a good one and be safe out there, bob
DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLD, SOME ARE DENIED THE PRIVILEGE.
busted
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Dec 2008 06:37 PM  
Sounds like a great hunt! In Ont. we lost our spring hunt and are now getting overrun with the bruins. How do you hunt bears in the same area as your deer? Do the areas overlap or do your try to do your bear hunting in one area and your deer in the other. I only have 300 acres and don't really want to give up the deer woods to bait bear, but we really need to do something about the bears. Bear opens Sept. 1 till Nov. 30. Deer archery is Oct. 1 till Dec. 31. That's 2 whole months of overlapping seasons. Any thoughts??
Bobo
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 Jan 2009 04:41 PM  

Hello Busted

Been awhile since I checked thread, we hunt on a 250 acre woodlot along with about 100 acres of hayfields and crop fields. We have a few areas away from the normal deer trails and feeding areas and bears sometimes use the same trails and fields as the deer, but once you set up a bait area the bears are drawn away from the deer and then you can start your hunting.

I do remember when Snobelen and his hencemen were swayed by a special interest backed by big money did in the spring hunt in Ontario after being advised by his own biologists that this was not a good idea and not beneficial to the bears themselves, the same group has tried in vain here in NB to get our spring hunt cancelled but our politicians listen to the biologists they have on staff,

Anyways you should be able to find an area where you have little deer activity and that is the spot to set about baiting for bears, good luck,,and Happy New Year, bobo

DO NOT REGRET GROWING OLD, SOME ARE DENIED THE PRIVILEGE.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!