Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
favorite turkey gun
Last Post 26 Sep 2008 05:22 PM by Eddie234. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cchunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Mar 2008 06:03 PM  
What everyones favorite, or most used turkey gun. My is an older model mossberg 500 with a c-lect choke barrel. I use three in winchester high velocity #5s.
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Mar 2008 11:28 PM  
My favorite Turkey gun is a Benelli Super Black Eagle 12 gauge 3 ½ mage in realtree camo with a 30 inch barrel. I use a kick’s Gobblin Thunder choke. I shoot Winchesters Supreme High Velocity Turkey Loads 12 gauge 3 ½ with 1300FPS 2 oz. Numbers 4’s. This set up will take that old Tom out at 60 yards with yards to spare.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
05 Mar 2008 11:31 PM  
I am gonna give my Nova a try(my first turkey season) with a full choke an 3" # 4
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
the one
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Mar 2008 11:51 PM  
tubby it will be a season that you will remember trust me.
ryan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Mar 2008 01:12 AM  
i use my charles daly 20 gauge hs undertaker turkey choke 3" winchester #5 shot
There are no strangers here,just friends we haven't met!
slawman
8 Point
8 Point

--
06 Mar 2008 11:49 AM  
That would be my Mossberg 835 with 3 1/2 inch winchester supreme #5s....ouch!   but the turkeys get the worst end of the deal.

cchunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Mar 2008 03:10 PM  
Instead of the older mossberg, I will be using a mossberg 500 field grade with a undertaker choke and 3 inch winchester hv 5s
MKMGOBL
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Aug 2008 08:15 PM  

Benelli SBE II 12ga with a 26” barrel / Rhino choke tube / Winchester Extended Range 3.5” 6 shot / Williams Fire Sight

Benelli Montefeltro 20ga with a 24" barrel / Rhino choke tube / Nitro 3” 5X6X7 shot / Williams Fire Sight

MDM Tomwacka  12ga (smoke pole) / Kicks Gobbling Thunder choke tube / 5X6X7 shot w/ 90 grains of Triple Seven /

Eddie234
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Sep 2008 05:22 PM  
Turkey hunting hasn't always been aloud here in my county so I never really got into it until this spring. I went to the pawn shop and picked up a Winchester model 1300 ( which looked to be new) went to wally world and got an undertaker choke, I had a box of remington #4's and I had a few calls that I had picked up over the years because I always intended to turkey hunt someday.
I went out May 10th and set up and did some calling, didn't get a response like they do in the video's so I got up and moved. As I got up a turkey that was coming in flew away.
 I went out the following weekend and went to the same spot and began calling, shortly after sunrise two nice jakes came in and I took the biggest one. Now I am a turkey hunter for life!!
This summer I joined my local shooting club and have been patterning my gun. I have the 
Winchester 1300 in realtree camo, comp-n-choke tube in .655, and  winchester 3" HV in #6 shot pattern very well for me. Tru glow fiber optic sights.
I'm a little scared of using 6 shot, I'll post a new subject instead of taking over this one.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!