Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
beagle help
Last Post 16 Feb 2008 05:48 AM by Davy.Crockett. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Logan
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Jan 2008 11:27 PM  
my beagle i got for X-mas will run rabbits, i havent had her hunting but i can make a very difficult scent trail with rabbit hide and she follows it strait to the hide. one problem, she wont bark. is there any way to make here bark?
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
16 Jan 2008 03:48 AM  
I'm not sure,I haven't trained beagles But I will ask my Dad,And get back to you.
T
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Jan 2008 12:17 AM  
she will bark. your not useing a live rabbit, thats why shes not barking.

get her on a live rabbit and shes going to bark and run it around in circles, she will forget her name and she will have no clue who you are, and your not going to get her back till you kill the rabbit and catch her.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cornfed
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
17 Jan 2008 04:40 PM  
Get her with some trained beagles on the next hunt if you can. She will learn a lot from the veterans. I let a local rabbit club hunt our cut over after deer season each year. I've wathced them bring pups and turn them out with the experienced ones. After the first rabbit or two the pups are baying too. Amazing. I love watching and listening to them work.
Davy.Crockett
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Feb 2008 05:48 AM  
no she will be a trail dog not a barker shes doing her job me and my dad raised beagles for about 40 years and do not use that pelt get another dog and hope its a barker not the trail dog the other will take second and make the noise but the pelt once they know what a rabbit smell is take her to the fields and let her work you'll need to gun breaker her and she doen't need to know every trail will have you at the end of it .let her be a beagle thats wha their made to do is track and hunt
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!