Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
New Hampshire Hunting Partner needed
Last Post 02 Sep 2009 08:26 PM by azores234@hotmail.com. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SUCRAM146
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Sep 2008 04:22 PM  
I'm looking for a good and ethical hunting partner to hunt with me in NH, Maine, NY, and Ontario. As you can see I hunt many states and that's half the problem. Many guys I know don't have the time or $ to go as much as I do. This year for example I'll be hunting at my cabin in Northern NH for 2 weeks, then 1 week in Ontario and finally 1 week on Maine. I keep my hunting costs down low because I set up my own hunts. I and also a Hunter Ed Instructor so obviously I'm looking for someone safe and ethical to hunt with (aren't we all?). If you live in another state still give me a buzz, hey maybe we can swap out hunts. I go there then you come here kind of arrangments.

Shoot straight,

Marcus
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
10 Oct 2008 02:33 AM  
where bouts in Ontario? i know of people across the province and have access to a wealth of knowledge in the province
SUCRAM146
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Oct 2008 03:12 PM  
I'll be hunting in the Kenora areas starting from October 27th to the 31st.
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
11 Oct 2008 10:56 PM  
a do it yourself hunt?
SUCRAM146
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Oct 2008 01:22 AM  
Yes, a do it yourself hunt. With the internet it's easy. As mentioned I'm a Hunter Ed Instructor and I've helped many people plan trips/hunts. This is how I found out where to go, where to stay, boarder crossing permits needed, fees, etc... It's not hard. Yes, I also have a good idea where to hunt even though I've never been there. The way a person does this is by getting the harvest figures from the area you want to hunt. Find out where to biggest were harvested. Plot the areas with the biggest deer. Get maps of the area. Look on the map for areas such as swaps, ridges, etc... It's called mapping bucks. Then use the first couple of days to hunt/scout those areas you've mapped. It works.
Dobber
8 Point
8 Point

--
12 Oct 2008 02:55 PM  
get ready for loads of people in the area, and make sure you get way off the beaten path. Will send you a pm that might help you
SUCRAM146
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Oct 2008 01:06 PM  
Thanks for your help. I've heard about the many numbers of hunters that go to this area, but I've also heard that most don't venture into the bush all that much. I do expect to get off the beaten path and that is also why I planned going the last week of this month (less people). I like hunting where no one else has gone. I'm not after a deer, I'm after a trophy

Nice Forum!!!!!!!!!
bucky135
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Sep 2009 08:26 PM  
I would be willing to hunt NH with anyone, anytime. I currently live on the seacoast but I can travel. Email me at azores123@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you and going out this fall!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!