Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Prayer Request for Cedar Rapids Flood Victims
Last Post 28 Jun 2008 01:23 AM by rnwinter. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Jun 2008 03:38 PM  
There is nothing else that can be done at this time.... but can anyone who believes in the power of prayer please say one for Cedar Rapids, Iowa and the flood victims?  Cedar Rapids is my hometown and my brother is there and other family and they have lost everything and had to be evacuated.  I truly do now have a better understanding of Katrina.  I guess one never knows until it happens to them.  On a personal note..... Howard... I have a greater depth insight to how strong you and your family are. 

Thanks Everyone.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Jun 2008 03:39 PM  
Prayers sent from us down in Alabama.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
jkoehler
Forum Moderator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Jun 2008 11:43 PM  
Prayers from our Family to yours and all who are affected by the flood. The Lord will show you a way
to overcome this.
'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Jun 2008 06:30 PM  
Prayers already sent, Melsue. I heard that nearly every county flooded. Some images eerily familiar,like seeing the street signs nearly covered with water. Now the nasty cleanup..refridgerators, carpet....dealing with FEMA.
I hope your family copes as best as possible. The local red cross is heading that way in addition to other relief ministries with tons of fresh bottled water.
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
19 Jun 2008 11:43 AM  
Howard.. he was able to finally return to his house. He was given a tetanus shot.. and he was able to salvage some clothes... but not many.. some he had stored in rubbermaid containers... that had apparently floated but were not compromised. Other than this.... he lost everything. Right now he is staying with a few friends.. and has taken an official leave of absence from his job as a driver for FedEx and has registered for all of the help he can get but he wants to make sure families with children get what they need first. He says that keeping busy with the clean up keeps him from dwelling and gives him a sense of purpose. We are still awaiting the Ok to drive up that way. He's registered with FEMA and the Red Cross but is relying on his own resources to move forward. He says he is lucky because he has his car and he rescued his cat.
hoody06
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Jun 2008 11:38 PM  
you have the prayers of us in south jersey
we are still waiting for word from my own family there
thwack is the only sound i want to hear from sept to feb!!!
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
22 Jun 2008 07:48 PM  
My mom and step dad did make a drive up to Cedar Rapids to see my brother day before yesterday.... my brother is staying with good friends... no pressures from them to have him leave just yet so he has some time to gather his life back into some semblance of order. He did shovel his ruined belongs to the curbside out of his home and was not able to salvage anything. The clothing he thought he could save in the containers did get moist and were mildewed and the smell would not have ever gotten out of them. He gets to go back to work for FedEx on Monday... so to start his job again is a great distraction. Our family all pitched in and he has a tidy sum of money to buy new clothes and whatever he needs for now but we all have donated household items and we just have to have the OK from him to rent a U Haul to take it to him. He's lost about 20 pounds so fast and has been living off of food the Red Cross hands out to the neighborhoods most devasted. For years I had admittedly let my relationship with my brother go to the back burner as we tend to be total opposites... but we have talked so much since this has happened. He told me just prior to the flooding he was very depressed and felt he had nothing in his life... no wife... no children... stuck in a rut... and now this has made him realize how fortunate he is and he says the devastation has given him a new purpose and lease on life. He wants to take control of his depression and take this opportunity to start over and right some mistakes he has made the past several years. I'm very grateful he is optimistic in the mist of all of this.

hoody06... hope you hear from your family soon.
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Jun 2008 01:23 AM  
I will pray for them now. There isn't much I can offer in the way of words that would help, but I hope you and yours find things coming together.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!