Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Second deer of the new season.
Last Post 26 Sep 2010 11:52 AM by jonesy. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ron
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
01 Sep 2010 06:41 PM  
Well, yesterday, 8/31 I climbed into my stand at 6:10 PM, and at 6:28 PM, I had my second deer of the season, dead on the ground. It was a basket-racked 8 point around 150 lbs, when I first spotted him I thought he had a drop point, but it was dried velvet hanging down from the main beam. I shot him at approx. 60 yards, using my Winchester mod.70 in .300WSM, loaded with Winchester 150 grain ballistic silver tip ammo. I had carried this gun expecting a shot of 200 or more yards, since this particular food plot is located on a pipe-line. Still not a really good buck, but again it was one that needed to go!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, DU, QDMA, ASA, OYOA, Everyday Hunter, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.
jonesy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Sep 2010 11:52 AM  
Sounds your season is off to a really good start!! Congrats!!! Ours starts next sat for archery. It seems the closer it gets the longer it takes.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!