Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
1st buck with my bow!!
Last Post 13 Jul 2010 03:25 PM by rescue1224. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Hd700
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jan 2010 03:50 AM  
Over the christmas holiday i was hunting on our 900 acre ranch in lassalle county. I had been hunting hard the last 2 years for my 1st buck with my bow finally the day before i left i was sitting in my ground blind freezing my tail off about 6:40 that morning i could see black spots running around out there i knew they were deer but not sure what they were yet. Then as the sun rose a little bit i could see there were 2 does out there then out of know where my view was obstructed by a slammer rack i was so nervous drawing back on the thing it cought me mid draw and tailed it! boy i got angry then i was ready to throw the bow out of the blind then within a minutes he was standing there again. This time i drew fast as he looked at me i quickly put my pin behind his shoulder and let my arrow fly the deer turned and ran i saw half my arrow sticking out i was so excited i jumped out of the blind and ran towards the box blind where my dad was sitting we talked about the shot for atleast 2 hrs. Then we started our search for my big buck, we found a very good blood trail for almost 3/4 of a mile and lost blood, so we went back to the camp not ready to give up we called a guy with some dogs in from tilden texas to come help me find my deer. we set the dogs free as they started sniffing out the deers trail we atched them on his gps the dogs ran for atleast a mile untill finally getting on a good trail they started running full speed and all of a suden came to a stop we ran up on the dogs as i saw my beautiful 12pt laying there. it was an awesome 1st bow kill!

Photobucket
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
27 Jan 2010 04:28 PM  
great buck..congrats..it even makes it even better because you shot if with a bow....awsome.....
MIKE EVERETT
Hd700
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jan 2010 10:19 PM  
Thanks man!
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
12 Feb 2010 06:42 PM  
nice buck, congrats
SOUTHERN PRIDE
heightman55
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2010 12:50 AM  
Freezing your butt off in Texas? Try Hunting in New England where it is 6-10 degree's with a 15-20 mph wind blowing. Then you will really know what freezing you butt off is. But thats another story. Congrats on one Nice looking buck I hope you get many more.
Arch_e_Tech
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2010 10:32 PM  
Congrats!
I am still looking for my first bow kill. I had a nice 8 point come within 20 yds of my stand, but the area was to thick for a shot. He never stepped into a shooting lane and I just had to wach him walk on by. It's amazing, I had about 280 degress of clear shooting and he steps out in the small 80 degrees of area I could not get. Guess that's why they call it hunting and why he was such a nice 8 point.
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
07 Jun 2010 05:27 PM  
GREAT BUCK CONGRATS TO YA
rescue1224
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jul 2010 03:25 PM  
good buck
PETA (People eating tasty animals)
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!