Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
RANGEFINDER
Last Post 02 Nov 2009 07:47 PM by pinetree. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Nov 2009 03:34 PM  

I GUESS I NEED A RANGE FINDER.......WELL IT WAS SATURDAY AFTERNOON 10/31/09 MY 41ST BIRTHDAY..I AM SITTING IN A 16' LADDER STAND ALL CAMOED UP AND WITH PLENTY OF BACK COVER..ITS ALLMOST DARK AND HER SHE APEARS AT THE BACK OF THE PLOT...WELL SHE FEEDS AROUND AND GETS RELAXED' I STAND UP AND JUDGE HER AT 40 YARDS.....WELL THE ARROW SLINGS DOWN RANGE AND OVER HER BACK..SHE JUMPED AND WALKED ABOUT 10 FEET TO THE WEST..I NOCK A SECOND ARROW AND DRAW, WELL SHE STEPS BEHIND A TREE AND POOF SHE IS GONE...OH WELL.. I STILL HAVE THIS COMEING WEEK END THEN YOUTH WEEKEND THEN I BRINGING OUT THE 06 WITH THE NEW NIKON SCOPE..

MIKE EVERETT
Rugermk2
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Nov 2009 05:27 PM  

I'm not much into bow hunting, if I had a bow it might be a different story!!! But with your 30-06, you shouldn't need a rangefinder. I sight all my centerfire rifles about 1-1 1/2 inches high at 100 yards. That way if they are out there aways (250-300 yards) I just hold right where I want to hit and its a done deal. Even when they are close it should not affect your shot placement, just hold about 1/2 inch under where you want to hit. I've dropped a fairly small coyote with a 243 at 314 yards offhand, no rangefinder before shot, but after I borrowed my buddies just to get an idea. I held right on him and he dropped in his tracks the first shot. Anyways, i dont see the need for a rangefinder, I just pace from my stand to several good trees or marks to get a pretty good idea of the range, and judge off of those when a deer, or whatever else you may be hunting comes in. I'd save your money, and invest in more ammo!!! Just my 2 cents

PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
02 Nov 2009 07:47 PM  
YEA I MEANT FOR MY BOW MAINLY..BUT EVEN WITH MY 06 IT IS NICE TO KNOW HOW FAR YOU ARE SHOOTING..AND I JUST GOT A NIKON BDC SCOPE
MIKE EVERETT
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!