Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Wounded Deer
Last Post 18 May 2011 01:54 PM by RobertM. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mack
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Nov 2010 03:21 AM  
Will a wounded deer ususaly flag or not flag if it runs off after being shot? Have been asked this before and I am of the opinion that if the deer is hit hard it will not throw it's tail up and show it's flag. Anybody else got an opinion on this?
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Dec 2010 05:17 AM  
I've had solid bow shot Deer run off as you said "flagging" and others that don't. So I would have to say this isn't a dependable indicator of a fatal shot.
tomscheland/d5
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 May 2011 01:43 AM  
i;ve had them run off with flag flying in the air only to fall 30 yards later.....so not always will they tuck tail...always follow up after the shot find all the evidence you can or watch the deer until out of sight , and check all sign...hope this helped you
disabled huntersand kids love to hunt also...take one with you on your next trip....the smile on their face is the best trophy of all
RobertM
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 May 2011 01:54 PM  
I think a Deer's reaction to the shot has a lot to with its level of alertness before the shot. What do y'all think?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!