Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
The Average Deer Hunter
Last Post 04 Dec 2012 04:10 AM by otroym. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Big Vic
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
19 Apr 2010 02:32 PM  
I often see on the hunting shows on T.V. about how important planting food plots is. Unfortunately I do not own or lease a farm. I either hunt on private property with the land owners permission or hunt on public hunting areas. I suspect that the average deer hunter is just like me. We do not enjoy the luxury of "cultivating" our deer. we can't grow those monster racks. We are at the mercy of mother nature and must take what ever she gives us. Consequently, the definition of a "Trophy" is little different for us.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
22 Apr 2010 12:10 AM  
Well said.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
bill
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2010 10:27 AM  
i think the guys on the shows are full time paid hunters with the backing of the products that are hunting related. they have access to all the equipment, products, and manpower to get the ideal situations. us "regular" hunters are just part time hobby hunters for the most part amd make due with "real" situations. just my opinion.
'
willfish
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Apr 2010 07:19 PM  
like you I to have to hunt public land. but you dont have take whats avaible, pick i public area and find out who manages it, then get involved. volunteering can help to improve the herd quality. public land can hold the biggest trophy. to truly hunt public land its a year long commitment. public land is the best.
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 May 2010 06:12 AM  
To me, a nice six or eight pointer taken off national forest land is a trophy in its own rights. Because you know how much time and work is involved in scouting, learning to pattern the deer, and most of all, willing to be the guy who gets a 2 hour head start in the morning on the other hunters and then hump 2 hours straight up a mountain to get to the spots that hold deer. If after all that, the best you get is a nice 6 pointer; Go ahead and brag and be proud of the fruits of your labor. Because chances are the guys how slept in and hunted 200 yards off the road will have nothing to show.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
mike243
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2010 11:13 AM  
all good points,im at the mercy of a few freinds & public land most of the time & a highley pressured deer no matter if its a buck or a doe is a trophy
David12king
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Dec 2010 10:40 PM  
My father and I have been hunting public land for the last 5 years becuse we lost the rights to our last property due to home developement. But it turned out for the best since we have hunted there we have taken 5 wall hangers ( 3-10's 1-8 and just this past november i took a 165 6/8 12 pointer ) monster bucks are there but if you shoot the first buck you see you wll never see the one you want. Just give it a try pass on the nice 6 or 8 and wait for he big 8 or 10. I promise if practice that the buck of a lifetime will come out.
David12king
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Dec 2010 10:40 PM  
My father and I have been hunting public land for the last 5 years becuse we lost the rights to our last property due to home developement. But it turned out for the best since we have hunted there we have taken 5 wall hangers ( 3-10's 1-8 and just this past november i took a 165 6/8 12 pointer ) monster bucks are there but if you shoot the first buck you see you wll never see the one you want. Just give it a try pass on the nice 6 or 8 and wait for he big 8 or 10. I promise if practice that the buck of a lifetime will come out.
Troy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Dec 2012 04:10 AM  
I only have a few spots to hunt also without the option of a food plot. Whether I see deer or not, its always a GREAT hunt !!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!