Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Is the Rut In Effect in the MD/ North East Region?
Last Post 29 Nov 2009 01:41 PM by Kodiakmac. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JDeitrich
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Nov 2009 05:09 AM  

I mean last night we went at RIGHT AT DARK after blowing my grunt all night I stood up to get down cause it was to dark and it sounded like a horse galluping threw the woods after it snorted hella loud at me!!! scared me so bad I almost fell out of the tree..But that was all i seen I was in a very hot spot and I didnt see any action just that. My and my old man are takign off all next week and giving it hell. SO Im hoping we will catch the big old grand daddy buck in a state park....DOUBT IT..wish me luck..oho btw im new here guys! Im in MD. If there are any MD hunters email me jdeitrich@verizon.net CHEERS!!

Jamie MacMaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Nov 2009 01:41 PM  
Is the Rut In Effect in the MD/ North East Region?

If you're talking about the NE region of Ontario (Ottawa Valley), I'd say yes. It got going really late in these parts this year...didn't see any signs of the rut kicking in until the 14th and the peak seemed to be around the 18th - 21st. That's a good 10 days later than normal.

We had a long, dark summer, and a friend of mine (biologist) says that this might have thrown photoperiodism out of whack.
Robin Hood had it right: As long as a man has deer and beer, he needs very little government.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!