Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Rage Split Cam Broadheads
Last Post 30 Dec 2009 09:04 PM by hunter29. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
deadfowl
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Nov 2009 11:07 PM  

What is everyones thoughts on these broadheads? I switched to them this year and Im starting to question them.

PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
11 Nov 2009 01:43 PM  
EVERYONE THAT I HAVE TALKED TO LOVES THEM.
MIKE EVERETT
asst19chief
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Nov 2009 12:13 AM  

I changed , every time I looked at them in my quiver they were open. Went back to Undertakers.

deadfowl
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Nov 2009 04:07 AM  
The reason Im asking this is because like I said, I switched to them this year. First time I have ever shot machanicals. I have pros and cons with them. Pro is I like them for the 2 inch cut that leaves a very good blood trail. CON, I have shot 3 deer this year with them and not once have I had a complete pass through. I have always shot the NAP Thunderheads. Killed over 20 deer with them and had a complete pass through everytime.

Anyone know why this is happening? I know its not shot placement because they are hitting the same spots I have always shot with Thunderheads and had pass throughs.
camo_man1
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2009 12:44 AM  

awsome if you hit right behind shoulder they will bleed out quick    but don't hit that shoulder it self   arrow won't pass though thats with my bow at 70lbs    thats why i went back to muzzy !!!!! know that broadhead will bust though there with no problem

Whitetail101
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Nov 2009 07:21 PM  

I switched to the 3-blade Rage head this year and have been very happy with it.  Took a buck through the shoulder at 15 yds and had a complete pass-thru.

I would try the 3-blade version as it gives you more penetration than the 2-blade.  That big hole is good, but if you don't get the necessary penetration for a pass thru, then it does you no good.

I would also look at your setup, you may have enough kenetic energy for you other broadheads, but with the design of the 2-blade rage it will take a little more KE to get them through. Again switching to the 3-blade will also cure this problem.

good luck

Todd Segner
5 year Buckmasters Member,Life Member NAHC/NAFC
Member NAFA,VP-Archery ICB&GC
PSE,Mossy Oak, TruBall Releases, Browning, S & M Archery, HIP Targets, Budget Outdoors, Rage Broadheads, On Target2
mark14
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Nov 2009 02:46 PM  
i havent tried those but thunderhead broadheads are the best from my opinion
T-BONE
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 Dec 2009 06:15 PM  

Rage 2 Blade

buck29
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Dec 2009 09:04 PM  
I use Rage and I like them. It leaves a mean opening on a deer. I've shot few deer with them and had pass through everytime. I shot one deer a little back entering at the liver and past through the gut, but the blood trail looked like I shot him in the lungs.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!