Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Washing scent blocker
Last Post 04 Dec 2009 07:45 PM by metamorahunter. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
eurofro
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2009 11:53 PM  
I recently purchased some scent blocker and wanted to wash them.  The clothes say to use Scent Blocker detergent, but I was curious if anyone else had ever tried other detergents and had success.  I don't want to buy new stuff if I don't have to.  Thanks!!
dave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Dec 2009 11:26 PM  

I use other scent killer stuff to wash my clothes and have had no problems. But you have to put that Scent-Lok stuff in the dryer to activate it.

metamorahunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Dec 2009 07:45 PM  
Posted By maineguide on 12/03/2009 5:26 PM

I use other scent killer stuff to wash my clothes and have had no problems. But you have to put that Scent-Lok stuff in the dryer to activate it.

I hate to rain on your parade, but it is a scientific fact that to reactivate carbon you have to get it to about 1500 degrees.  Now I don't know what kind of dryer you have, but...

This is why scent loc clothing is a waste of money.  Do some research on the internet and you will quickly see that it is absolutely impossible to reactivate the suits once they become saturated. 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!