Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
What you think
Last Post 31 Jul 2007 06:02 AM by Phoenix. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mississippi
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2007 06:08 PM  
Anybody that hunts in Mississippi knows the drill. Wear enough clothes to stay warm, and your gonna be sweating long before you get to your stand. Not to mention how hard it is to manuever while wearing several layers of bulky clothing. So, any of you yankees got any suggestions or tricks we hillbillies dont know about? How about gloves? What do you guys like. Seems most anything that'll keep you warm gets in the way when  it comes time to shoot.  Best thing i've found are just plain, thin, cotton gloves. They're not very warm but you feel your equipment while wearing them. A friend of mine suggested a wet suit, but ive never worn one and dont want to spend that kind of money without at least gettin a few opinions. It makes sense though, they're supposed to keep you warm in the water, but can you move in them? Anybody ever worn one?
"Only perfect practice makes perfect, anything else just gets you good at being bad."
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Jul 2007 06:02 AM  
i pack most of my clothing in with me on the sides of my back pack with the clip tie downs. for my hands i wear light gloves and then use a hand muff with a couple hand warmers inside. i don't sweat when i walk in cause i have on only my Base Layer and a pair of camo pants and a camo flannel shirt. once i get to my stand then i layer up with my heavier clothing to keep warm along with dropping a couple big heat packs down the back of my flannel between it and my base layer (keeps me nice and toasty while sitting 30 feet up a tree). hope this helps some
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!