Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Are the going to add
Last Post 08 Aug 2007 01:52 PM by r_rayjr. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Jul 2007 08:21 AM  
I was just wondering it they were going to add the thing that was at the old forum. Here is the link for what I am talking about for the old forum http://www.buckmasters.com/forum/de...?CAT_ID=19

I would kind of like to see this back on. I think it would help people who want question or find a hunting buddy in a certain state or for people to post things for that state or what ever.

Thanks!!!

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
20 Jul 2007 10:05 AM  

Here is the post that I did in the old forum about this, that ended up getting it put on the old forum.

http://www.buckmasters.com/forum/to...C_ID=13379

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Chuck Manetta
12 Point
12 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 03:02 AM  
Posted By r_rayjr on 07/20/2007 2:21 AM
I was just wondering it they were going to add the thing that was at the old forum. Here is the link for what I am talking about for the old forum http://www.buckmasters.com/forum/de...?CAT_ID=19

I would kind of like to see this back on. I think it would help people who want question or find a hunting buddy in a certain state or for people to post things for that state or what ever.

Thanks!!!

Ray,

Yes, it could be done.  As you remember it was me that did it at your request before.

We just weren't too sure if people were using it before and it took a lot of work to put it up.

Maybe I could make a poll just to see how popular it is?  

Regardless of the results of the poll, I can still put it up if it will even be used by a few because it really doesn't take up any bandwidth.  

(Unless one of the IT guys disagrees?) 

Chuck Manetta
Click on this image to see my homepage!
"Fidelis Incorruptus"
Chuck Manetta
12 Point
12 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 03:49 PM  
Chuck Manetta
"Fidelis Incorruptus"
Beta Lead
Site Admin
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Jul 2007 10:06 PM  
Chuck,
I suggest we do it in regions and not state level. - Daniel
What? Who me?
Chuck Manetta
12 Point
12 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 12:55 AM  
Posted By BetaLead on 07/22/2007 4:06 PM
Chuck,
I suggest we do it in regions and not state level. - Daniel

Oops! 

I guess I could add some regions, or is it the number of the forums that are the problem?
Chuck Manetta
"Fidelis Incorruptus"
Beta Lead
Site Admin
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 05:39 PM  
Either way, but for instance

I live in west point ga and hunt in Ala,Ms,Ga,Tn. I need to post in more than one forum as opposed to 1 regional forum.  There is a database impact though it is minimal. 
The thing I hate is scrolling thru all of those. Keep in mind there are other forum groups coming. BADF, Members only etc.
What? Who me?
Chuck Manetta
12 Point
12 Point

--
26 Jul 2007 09:47 PM  
Posted By BetaLead on 07/26/2007 11:39 AM
Either way, but for instance

I live in west point ga and hunt in Ala,Ms,Ga,Tn. I need to post in more than one forum as opposed to 1 regional forum.  There is a database impact though it is minimal. 
The thing I hate is scrolling thru all of those. Keep in mind there are other forum groups coming. BADF, Members only etc.

Understood.  Here is a thought, can you make the forum groups a "pull-down" option?  That way, unless tou want to see them all, you can either pull them down or not. 

Chuck Manetta
"Fidelis Incorruptus"
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 06:54 AM  

WHOA!!! What happened to the states???

All I see it the regional thing? The regional thing always confuses me. Especially when one place has one state in on region and another place has it in another region.

I mean I now that it won't change here, but trying to remember what region the state I want is in. I would rather see the states separately. So I don't have to search each region to find what ever state I am looking for.

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
MelSue
Forum Administrator
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
08 Aug 2007 07:40 AM  
I am most definately sure Chuck or Daniel can explain it better than I can, but I think they are adding more features to the forums and wanted to find a way to incorporate the Locations by condensing it into Regions Vs. States.

Posted By r_rayjr on 08/08/2007 12:54 AM

WHOA!!! What happened to the states???

All I see it the regional thing? The regional thing always confuses me. Especially when one place has one state in on region and another place has it in another region.

I mean I now that it won't change here, but trying to remember what region the state I want is in. I would rather see the states separately. So I don't have to search each region to find what ever state I am looking for.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 08:21 AM  
OK??? It just makes it harder, I mean to me anyway. And it seems like the state thing was just dumped not incoporated, but because I can't even find my post that I had for Iowa in any of the regions that is usually for iowa such as North Central and South Central. I mean I have seen Iowa on other forums in one of these. But I don't see my post I had in any of these. So the states must have just been dumped, not incoporated.

But I would still like to see the states put back. I myself do searches by state not regions. And as I said in the last post, it is to hard to try and remember which region the state I want is in.

I mean I know, some said in here or in the other post about this that they'd prefer regions because they do alabama and to or three other states. But when I was posting something in another forum for sometime else, not hunting. I just copied what I put in one state and pasted it into another state and just changed a couple words for the next state. It was a whole lot easier, and the Admin people thought it was better by state than by region, beause there was one or two people who wanted to have regions added or change the state to regions. And the Admin at that site just told them to put  the information in the states that they are interested in. Because not everyone in the states that they wanted look at the other states, unless they need or what information from that state.

But mostly for me as I said, is me not trying to remember what region the state I want to check on is in. I mean most of the time I will most likely do Iowa. But I was asked by a friend who lives in California. He does not hunt right now, but I guess he is thinking about it since he just retired from the navy a year ago. He asked me something if I would go hunting someplace or something like that. And that is what I went to go to the state thing today for. But I have no idea what to do now. In fact I even forgot what he had asked me. So now I have to email him and ask him and find some other way I guess to get the information...
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 08:30 AM  

Oh, and another thing that makes it harder is, with the region, I now have to do a search to see if there is anything for the state I want, and that is if the person who did the post says what state he is doing it for in that region. So see, it makes it harder by region than by state. By do the state you just go to the state you want a look at the post. You don't have to search every post because the name or what ever does not have what state it is for.

Know what I mean?

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Chuck Manetta
12 Point
12 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 01:24 PM  

Ray,

You must have not seen my post:

http://www.buckmasters.com/Interact...fault.aspx

I plan on doing some refining and using the US Census Maps.

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/us_regdiv.pdf

Chuck Manetta
"Fidelis Incorruptus"
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 Aug 2007 01:52 PM  

Nope!!! I didn't see it. And I am not sure what unwieldy means. But if you need help with scanning the stuff or what ever I would be willing to do it, if you need another Moderator or something. I mean I am usually up late at night playing around on the internet anyway.

I just think the State one works a whole lot easier than the region one. I mean it throws the whole purpose of the thing out the window. It is suppose to help make things easier. The region thing makes it harder.  Sure it may not have problems now that it is just starting, but after several posts get going someone wanting something form one certain state is going to have to search every post if make sure that it is not what they want or need. Just like why I did not see your post. I try to get on here at least once a day, but the new list of daily posts is huge, so I usually look at the active topics and look at the first page and then go the the not read and look at the first page and then I go to the unanswered and look at the first page. And I look at all of the topics on the first page and if I don't see anything that catches my eye then I leave.

Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!