Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Rocky Mountain Oysters???
Last Post 25 Oct 2009 09:13 PM by Fossil. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 May 2008 10:39 AM  
I was just wondering how many people have actually had Rocky Mountain Oysters?

For some reason this popped into my head just a few minutes ago, And I was then wondering if anyone has ever did Rocky Mountain Oysters with deer???

I mean I am only asking because when ever I heard someone talking about Rocky Mountain Oysters or telling someone what it is, it doesn't always turn out to be from the same animal as when I first  heard of them. When I was about 10, 11 or 12 years old, my uncle, was making some. And my dad asked him what he was making, my uncle said Rocky Mountain Oysters. And beings how my dad never had it or heard of it before, asked what it was. My Uncle then said, here, try it first then I will tell you what it is. So my dad did, and said it was pretty good, and then my uncle said it was goat Nuts!!!

Well over the years I have heard that they were pig/hog nuts, I heard cow/bull nuts, buffalo nuts, and lamb nuts. So I am not really sure which is correct.

In fact someone told my dad at his work, a couple weeks ago that they had sometime that was kind of like Rocky Mountain Oysters. But it was from a totally different animal yet. He told my dad that he cooks turkey nuts. Now my dad was like, I've never heard of turkey nuts, and neither have I. So I don't know if this guy was pulling my dad's leg or what. But I figure if there can be goat, pig, bull, buffalo, or lamb, then why not deer. 

So does anyone do this??? With deer that is???

If so how about some receipes for deer Rocky Mountain Oysters. Or even if not deer, how about some receipes for Rocky Mountain Oysters for which ever animal you like. And if you had more than one kind, which do you like better? And are there some others that I haven't heard of yet.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, yes, I have had them. I had some after my uncle told my dad what they were. Because I'm someone who won't try it unless I am told what they are, then I might try it depending on if I have heard of it before. That was the first time and the last time I had them. They weren't to bad, I thought they were kind of like gizzards from a chicken or turkey. But I just hadn't seen them any where since then. So that is why I haven't had any since then...
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
08 May 2008 02:47 AM  
Never had any of the whitetail variety.  But, I've eaten the bovine variety my entire life.... LOVE 'EM!

As a matter of fact May 17th is the 10th annual Testicle Festival here in my home town.  

Calf fries, "good & good for you"!
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
SHADOW HUNTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 May 2008 11:40 AM  
the only way I have ever heard of them is from an elk. I have never heard of any of the animals varity. I do bealeve elk is where the idea originated from.
IF YOU CANT PLAY WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 May 2008 05:30 PM  
He had to be a BRAVE man, to want to eat Testicles, I'll Pass !!!!!
mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
12 May 2008 08:35 PM  
Posted By Kmehaffey on 05/12/2008 11:30 AM

Ever eat bologna, hot dogs, SPAM, potted meat, TREAT, etc?  If your answer is "yes" then you've eaten LOTS of animal parts that you otherwise would "turn your nose up" at.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 May 2008 05:07 AM  
Posted By mc6528 on 05/12/2008 2:35 PM
Posted By Kmehaffey on 05/12/2008 11:30 AM

Ever eat bologna, hot dogs, SPAM, potted meat, TREAT, etc?  If your answer is "yes" then you've eaten LOTS of animal parts that you otherwise would "turn your nose up" at.

I eat none of the above !

Ronald Ray Jr.
6 Point
6 Point

--
14 May 2008 06:01 AM  
It's been almost 30 years, more or less, since I had them. But from what I can remember, they were a lot like eating chicken gizzards, or from what I can remember anyways.

I think I was like 11 or 12 years old when I last had them, which was also the first time I had them. And I am now almost 40 1/2 years old.
Ronald Lee Ray Jr.
rrjr11@cox.net
Disabled Navy Veteran
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Oct 2009 09:13 PM  

I've helped castrate cattle and no way would I eat those things.................

God,family and friends,nothing better!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!