Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

deer meat recepies??? got any?
Last Post 31 May 2009 11:57 PM by doeslayer. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jcolyer
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Nov 2007 11:53 PM  
hey yall just wondering if any of youns got any good deer meat recepies ???
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
05 Dec 2007 06:38 PM  
I'm trying something new tonight from some deer meat someone gave me.
I'll give the recipe if it comes out good.
Mark
8 Point
8 Point

--
06 Dec 2007 03:38 AM  
Take a ceramic crock make a lid out of wood to fit inside, then take Salt,Bay Leaves, and Garlic, and deer meat cut into around 2" thick pieces to fit the inside of your crock, (We use a small to medium size crock) Then you layer it starting with salt,bay leaves and garlic,Then a layer of meat, then Repeat until the crock is full with the lid about 2 1/2" from top. Then you take either an white pillow case or cheese cloth,( We use the pillow case,) Wet it and place on top of the meat and then put the lid on, add some weight on to the top of the lid and place in a cool dry place. Check it about every other day. Rinse the cloth and put back. In about 2-3 weeks it's ready, You'll know because all the blood will be pulled out of the meat, and in so doing the seasoning will be pulled into the meat. Then all you have to do is fry it up with either a little olive oil or butter and enjoy. When you fry it be sure to leave it pink in the middle. My Nono (Italion Grandfather)  Would eat it raw.  I tell you true If you like Garlic you gotta try it.
rodney
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Jun 2008 04:40 AM  
Take a pack(1-1 1/2 pounds) of deer steaks, onion, bell pepper and maybe a little jalapanoe peppers.
Heat a cast iron skillet,add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
Put the steaks in long enough to sear the outside of the steaks then add everything else ,cook until steaks are done.
You may add any type of seasoning that you like.
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
18 Jun 2008 05:32 AM  
Best darn deer burgers ever.

Take 5lbs of venison.
Take 2.5lbs of 80% lean ground beef.
Take 2lbs of smoked bacon.

Grind everything ,until it is mixed throughly.
Form into pattys 4" in diameter,and 1"thick

Grill,and enjoy (tastes best when grilled over charcoal ) but a gas gril will work . SHANGRI-LA
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
23 Jul 2008 07:45 PM  
everything you make with hamburger, use deer meat it will taste alot better
SOUTHERN PRIDE
rlr4570
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Aug 2008 09:46 PM  
INGREDIENTS
2 1/4 cups water
1 1/2 cups fave BBQ sauce or ketchup
3 (.7 ounce) packages Italian salad dressing mix
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (3 pound) whole beef tenderloin (I used Venison tenderloin)
10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS
Combine the first five ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag. Pierce tenderloin in several places; place in bag and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Toss with butter, salt and pepper.
Place tenderloin on a rack ( since venison has NO fat, I just put it right in the bottom of the 9 X 13 pan) in a roasting pan. Pour marinade into saucepan; bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute; pour over meat. Arrange the potatoes around meat.
Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 60-75 minutes, basting occasionally, or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F; medium, 160 degrees F; well-done, 170 degrees F). Slice; serve with pan juices and potatoes.

we have an 8 year old who does NOT like meat, even HE had to eat this! Our youngest (6) kept stealing everyone's meat.

mike243
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Oct 2008 03:28 AM  
marinate your deer steaks or beef for that matter in eyetalion dressing for 4 hrs or longer,then grill,i promise you will love the results, :) mike243
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
04 Nov 2008 09:22 PM  
Butterfly the tender loin.......a little lemon pepper,salt and then roll it in flour and fry golden brown.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
joey
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Dec 2008 05:35 PM  
My wife has the best.
Get some of your meat cubed.  Take the cubed meat and brown it in flower and oil.  Then take the oil and flower left over and add some water and make a gravey out of it.  Take the meat and put it in a baking pan.  Take brown suger and put on each piece of browned meat.  Then pour the gravy around the meat in the baking pan.  Then take ketchup and squirt it all over the top of the meat.  take and dab butter on each piece sprinkle the top with basil cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes on 350.  Uncover the meat and bake for another 15 minutes. It will be the best cubed steak you have ever eaten.  make sure you have plenty of biscuits to go with it.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 May 2009 11:57 PM  
Take a back strap inject with Cajun butter marinade then wrap the whole thing with Apple wood bacon, then sprinkle the whole thing with Cajun shake seasoning Grill over a medium hot coals until its medium rare.
grill your favorite veggies to go along with it.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!