Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
DEER SUMMER SAUSAGE
Last Post 01 Nov 2007 03:50 AM by Dennis Engeman. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
23 Oct 2007 01:59 AM  
My buddies and I have been doing all our own deer for quite a while and have pretty much got everything down except sausage.  Anybody know a good recipe or where I can find one?  Nothing too fancy just plain ol' stuff to put on crackers.  Thanks!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
camoak
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Oct 2007 07:43 PM  
Check out the following web site: http://www.askthemeatman.com/

He has quite a variety of kits, spices and casings for sausage.

I tried making the snack stix, and they came out okay; although I did not have a smoker and filling the casings was quite a challenge without the proper setup. I ended up using "liquid smoke" hickory flavor and cooking in the oven at the lowest possible temp.

Had I vacuum packed them or froze them they wouldn't have gone bad after a month.
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Nov 2007 12:35 AM  
Thanks a bunch! I tried googling it but didn't really find what I was looking for. Most of them were basically making a meat loaf out of it and wrapping cheesecloth and I want to something like you mentioned. I have a stuffer but never checked to see how big of wraps I can get for it.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
Dennis Engeman
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Nov 2007 03:50 AM  
try -- forum.cookshack.com it's a bunch of bbq ers that have all kinds of info about smoking meats and ect
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!