Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Moultrie Spy Cam 4.0
Last Post 02 Jun 2009 07:21 PM by jeffreyfrog. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BuckWacka
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Oct 2007 01:42 AM  
I am looking seriously at getting one fo these. Does anyone have one and if so how does it work. I would like to see some pics taken with one to get an idea.

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Oct 2007 03:04 AM  
I have the Moultrie Game Spy 100(I think)It has turned out some good pics on the standard quality setting ,have not tried it on high quality yet.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
droptine06
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Oct 2007 10:33 AM  
I have the moultrie 4.0 game watcher it takes great pic's of everything, mine is a digital I don't think I would want a film cam, if you buy it you will need a usb cable and a card to go with it you can get a usb cable at rodio shack for 6 bucks, moultrie wants more.
Hillbilly Willy
Today is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it
Ian Hunts NY
6 Point
6 Point

--
15 Oct 2007 05:05 PM  
i have a moultrie game spy and it works great for me havnt had any problems and the battery life is really good.
coffey89
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Dec 2007 05:07 AM  

late trigger speed. i got a bunch of tail. u have to watch your set up.

RJF
6 Point
6 Point

--
28 Dec 2007 04:47 AM  
along with what coffey has said the trigger speed is late unless you put alot of sent in front of the cam to get them stopped and smelling I have some really good pics and the pics helped me take out a nice big 8 that i never knew was there
snappy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Dec 2007 08:26 AM  

The I40's are great cameras, I own 2 of them, the strap bracket on the back isn't the best, but everything else is great (especially the battery life).  Just remember to do your updates online because it could make a big diffeence to your camera.

bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Dec 2007 02:53 PM  
[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/843/11675animatedarrow20011nq2.gif[/IMG][/URL]
have heard good reviews
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
31 Dec 2007 04:21 PM  
I have had the Moultrie 1.3 mega pixel camera which was upgraded by Moultrie to a 2.1 this summer due to me having some whiteout issues. The camera has worked great for me since they upgraded it. Also, the upgrade didn't cost me a dime and my camera was out of warranty. I contacted them and told them of my problem and the service guy said to send it back to his attention. I did and the rest is history.

Now for Christmas my son got me a new Moultrie Gamewatcher DGW-4.0 camera from Wal-Mart...looks just like my 2.1 camera other than the readout display is in the lower left hand corner and it uses the 6 D cell batteries. I just set it out this past Saturday while out bow hunting. I will be checking it next week to see how many pictures it has taken. It was easy to setup and I like that it has 3 picture quality settings. It isn't the infrared camera, it does have a flash. It was the 98 dollar camera from Wal-Mart.

I, so far, prefer the Moultrie brand cameras over the others.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Jan 2008 04:32 PM  
don't buy the 4.0 off of ebay double the price.sportsman guide 99.99.
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Jan 2008 10:56 PM  
Buckwacka,...Pm me your email or click my email from my profile,I;ll email you some pics.I've had one up and running since 12/30/07.I have mine set up at a 5 minute event cycle,with 3 multi shot exposure.So far I am very pleased with the performance of this cam,it's a got deal for the money.bertman why pay 99.99,they sell allday at walleyworld for 89.99
BuckWacka
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Jan 2008 11:55 PM  
I have decided to go with the $140.00 Moultie Outfitter 5.0. This has the view screen on it and is camoed. Anyone had experiance with these. I think it will work as good as the 4.0. It is suppose to have a 45' flash.

bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Jan 2008 05:19 AM  
they don't have them at any local walleyworlds.
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
03 Jan 2008 02:06 PM  
Good choice. I have the 4.0 and it doesn't have the viewer, but I bought the viewer from Wal-Mart for 50 bucks so I could use it on my 2.1 mega pixel camera. So now I can use it with the 4.0 that I got for Christmas and on the 2.1 mega pixel.

If the viewer that is built in is anything like the external viewer I bought the screen is a little small but you can see if you have deer or not in front of the camera.

Here is the web link to Moultrie:

http://www.moultriefeeders.com

WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
10 Jan 2008 03:48 PM  
THEY HAVE THEM AT THE WALMART IN CHARLOTTESVUILLE VA FOR 98.99.
BuckWacka
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Jan 2008 10:24 PM  
I ordered up the Moultrie Outfitter 5.0 today. It is the camo pattern model. No view finder, but I have my digital camera that I can use to view any of the pictures. It was $149.00 from Cabelas. Once I get it, I will get the batteries into it and test it on the deer I am feeding on my back lawn. I have 3 deer I think but I have yet to see them. Hopefully I can get some shots of what is eating the feed.

WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
13 Jan 2008 03:07 PM  
Buckwacka, again a good choice.

As for view your pictures with your digital camera...just incase...I have digital camera...it is a cheap $100 camera and it won't read the pictures on the SD card. I believe it has something to do with the folders that the Moultrie camera puts the pictures in. Of course if you have a more expensive digital camera it may read fine. My son's girlfriend has a real nice digital camera and her camera will read the SD cards fine. I guess the old saying is true you get what you pay for, talking about my cheap digital camera that I have.

Good luck and will be looking forward to seeing your pictures of what is eating up your feed. Probably a family of coons! :) :)
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
jeffreyfrog
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Jun 2009 07:21 PM  
if you looking for a good quality item like what you want,,i got all of these BUT i dont have any pictures of these,,you can visit here so you can see and choose whatever you want it..security systems
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!