Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

food plots and water question? help pleaese
Last Post 28 Sep 2007 05:39 PM by wisconsincamofem. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cknails
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2007 11:39 AM  

Need another opinion from you. I have had my little 1/2 acre food plot planted now for about a week. No rain, we are also in a drought here in North Alabama. about 1/4 of my plot is trying to come up because I have really good dirt that is low and holds moisture good. We are not scheduled for another chance of rain until next thursday or friday-another week.

My question: [B]I have access to putting 35-50 (or more)gallons of water on the plot by hand.
Would this be a smart idea to help me get through the week with a chance of rain at the end of next week?[/B] Or, should I just wait and do nothing. I am afraid that what is trying to come up because of the good dirt will eventually die out before water if I do not do something.

Thanks again for your advice!

CK

wisconsincamofem
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2007 05:39 PM  
Heck with only 35-50 gallons of water... I do not see why not. You might as well go put it out there if you are that scared of it dying out. We all know that you can not trust the weather man. If you get more rain.. all the better.
Land of the Packers, Miller, Great Cheese, and Deer Camps
wisconsincamofem
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
28 Sep 2007 05:39 PM  
Heck with only 35-50 gallons of water... I do not see why not. You might as well go put it out there if you are that scared of it dying out. We all know that you can not trust the weather man. If you get more rain.. all the better.
Land of the Packers, Miller, Great Cheese, and Deer Camps
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!