Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Trophy Rock
Last Post 14 Aug 2008 01:51 AM by z3z528. 21 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
HFB
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Aug 2007 09:53 PM  
Have any of you used the Trophy Rock. I know its a little higher in price but it will last and the deer will use it. Just a little helpful hint. I started using them last year and I will continue to use them.
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Aug 2007 01:11 PM  
I bought one Saturday, a fellow swears it works almost as good as corn. Supposed to have minerals in it to help health & racks. I'll let you know after the season is over.
buck
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Aug 2007 09:39 PM  
I put one out last year and with in a year it was gone its like a salt block the deer wont go outta the way for it but if there passing by they will try it..lick it it actually taste good !
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
16 Aug 2007 02:18 PM  
I GOT ONE LAST SEASON AND IT IS STILL THERE BUT I DON'T THINK THE DEER ARE HITTING IT...
MIKE EVERETT
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
22 Aug 2007 04:18 PM  
I put one out this past May, the deer have found it and are using it pretty good seems to be about 1/4 smaller.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
Jeremiah Johnson
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 Oct 2007 05:51 PM  
Mine is about gone after six weeks. I watched a doe lick it for at least ten minutes this weekend. Looks like I'll buy another one.
z3z528

--
18 Oct 2007 09:25 PM  
i swear by them.. i put one out in may.. and i got a big ole' hole in the ground and im on my 2nd one already.. i wouldnt recommend anything else
Ohio is where the Big Bucks Roam!!!
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
01 Nov 2007 01:30 AM  
I work for a feed mill and I tried something new this year and it looks like it's working great. At a feed store you can buy white salt and trace mineral salt just like you see in the 50lb blocks in pastures but it's crushed into a powder and cheaper. I just poured a bag on the ground this spring and I might be able to use the hole they dug out through the summer as a fox hole to hunt out of!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2007 12:51 PM  
Yep love the things they will paw a hole to get at the remains of one.I also think that here in MI with a poor crop year and lots of feed left standing it may be better than a feed bait pile?????Mine has been out for two weeks and they are hitting it pretty good.I will also break one up and spread the chunks to cover a larger area.
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Nov 2007 12:53 PM  
If you work at a feed store try OMALENE its grain and corn mixed with MOLASSES one of my "secret weapons"
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Nov 2007 01:57 PM  
Never thought of that! I have used calf starter and had decent luck. Do you mix it with corn and put it in the feeder or just feed it plain?
Will trade WIFE for gun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
05 Nov 2007 12:15 PM  
I think either is fine its the molassass that does the trick i believe. It has a heavy sweet scent that really carries.I think they sell something called deer treats that is quite similar. Also the turkey dont seem to tear it up like they do just cracked corn.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Nov 2007 08:44 PM  
I was thinking about getting one of these, looks like yall have sucess with them, I need something to lure those does in for archery season, gots a whole bunch but they stay about 60 yards out and I can only kill em in archery, will the deer smell it or is it if they just walk by it
SOUTHERN PRIDE
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
04 Dec 2007 12:43 PM  
sometimes it seems like it will take them a week or two but they will find it for sure. Just remember that Round-Up is a type of salt so if you got any brush you want to get rid of this is a good way to do it. I have a nasty briar clump I wanted out of my shooting lane so I just cut it back some and put the block on it's stump. It will take a month or so but it will kill it. You may have to wait til spring though for it to work since nothing is growing and pulling in anything right now...
danrwoods
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Dec 2007 04:03 AM  

Do you supplement Omolene with anything or just use it by itself? I did some research and found some by Purina Mills, they have a three different grades of omolene. Which one of the grades would be similar to what you use or should I just ask some one at my local farm feed store about what would work for deer? Any advice or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

1st Wild Hog: 300lbs. on the hoof - 275lbs. field dressed - 30-06 from 9.75 yards away and closing
bertman
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Dec 2007 01:12 PM  
i have used them for about 3 years and the deer wont go out of their way for it.The rain makes it dissolve faster.
WANTABIGBUCK
12 Point
12 Point

--
12 Jan 2008 05:33 AM  
I PUT ONE OUT LAST SEASON AND HAVE HAD ALOT OF DEER USING IT.
Mapes
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Mar 2008 05:26 AM  
i love the trophy rock salt that they have. its the same as the rock only ground up into little salt pieces. i ALMOST shot a doe off of it 2 years ago after it had been there for 4 months. it sinks into the soil and the deer will eat the soil. now that i think of it, i might go look for some tomorrow
Mapes
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Mar 2008 09:21 PM  
checkthis video out. there is part of a trophy rock on the log.
http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b...C_0001.flv
Mapes
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Mar 2008 09:22 PM  
just copy and paste it into your browser
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!