Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Acorn Rage?
Last Post 18 Nov 2010 08:40 PM by sd123. 25 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
03 Aug 2007 05:17 PM  
I usually use Buck Grub while deer hunting because it keeps the deer that come in to feed. I have been seeing commercials for this new supplement called Acorn Rage. I know since deer season is still a couple more months, but I wanted to know if anyone has heard good reviews for this product? I like trying different things throughout the season, so I wanted to do some research about this new supplement.
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
03 Aug 2007 05:22 PM  
I have not heard much about it,seen some at Wal Mart($14.00 for 5 lbs),was thinking on trying it or some of the buck grub.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Mark
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Aug 2007 09:25 PM  
Don't waist your money. I put out two 2.5 lb sites, the deer havent touched since I put it out three weeks ago.
cb
8 Point
8 Point

--
10 Aug 2007 05:57 PM  
I haven't used it but from common scense I think it would work because deer love acorns. They will travel a long way to eat them. The smell alone should bring deer into shooting range. I use a cover acorn scent and have had deer within 5 ft of me and not smell my odor.
dthomas
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Aug 2007 04:28 PM  
I haven't tried the Acorn Rage, however, I have had success with Buck Grub and Cmere Deer for attractants.  As a minerial I have had great success with a rock salt block and adding Evolved Habitiats Block Topper.  I put this out at one site in the early May, and the deer have hit it pretty good right away.

http://www.evolved.com/home/product...ertwo.aspx

I'm currently trying some Luck Buck Minerial.  I have applied to two different areas.  However, its too early to tell.  Luck Buck came very highly recommended by a few fellow hunters.

http://www.lucky-buck.com/

Take Care

-derek
I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures. ~Earl Warren
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
16 Aug 2007 02:16 PM  
THE BUCK GRUB ARE YOU USEING IT IN YOUR FEEDER OR PUTTING IT ON THE GROUND??????????
MIKE EVERETT
dthomas
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Aug 2007 03:20 PM  
I put the Buck grub directly on the ground.  I currently use a stump for my Lucky Buck.

-derek
I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures. ~Earl Warren
Trey
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 Aug 2007 02:41 AM  
just remember most deer attractants are made to attract more deer hunters than deer. JMO
mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
21 Aug 2007 03:07 AM  
With a pretty package & a good commercial you could sell plain dirt to some hunters. 
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
tszakelyhidio
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Feb 2008 08:34 PM  
the only attractant ive had luck with is an apple powder it comes in alot of names i just cant think of it right now it comes in 3 gallon bucket smells like ripe apples you pour it directly on the ground the deer just dig holes for months trying to get at whatever is left of the stuff
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
01 Apr 2008 04:58 PM  
my freind used thet acorn rage and the deer ate it all the night he put in out, go to wildgameinnovations.com, they sent me a free book on all the products.
SOUTHERN PRIDE
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
02 Apr 2008 01:55 PM  
I don't use acorn rage or any other product comerically made for deer. Seems to me they are made to seperate the hunter from his money. Sure alot of them work great as an attractant. What I use is rice bran that you can get at any TSC or feed store. At $7.00 for a 50lb bag sure beats $15.00 for 5lbs. I have put around my corn feeder and the deer have dug holes to get to it.
Mapes
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
22 Apr 2008 12:57 AM  
i am thinking about trying it.
J.Nev
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Apr 2008 10:43 PM  

I would say dont get it since you live down in texas.  i dont think theres to many acorns down there but i dont know. so i would say probuly get stuff that is grows nears thats just my opinion

S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
08 May 2008 08:05 PM  
rice bran?
BuckerMay
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
20 Sep 2008 04:41 AM  
I tell all of you this...I have used acorn rage across the country...probably 7 different states and it works fricken awesome. By far the best attractant I have ever used...little pricey but brings deer in...and I find bucks like it better than corn or any other attractant for what thats worth.
cfiloteo3
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Nov 2008 06:57 AM  
I mainly put Buck Grub on the ground, but I will put it in my feeder occasionally. I haven't purchased any acorn rage and I think I will stick with what I do now. Why fix something when it isn't broken? Thanks for everyone's input and breathe before you squeeze the trigger :)
Crystal City,
Zavala County,
Deep South Texas
GTXHUNTER
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Dec 2008 04:37 AM  
alrighty cfiloteo3 ive tried it in wilson county tx and it was amazing! I have not seen a buck on our propery since the mid 90's i put out the rage in a line like the bag says two inches thick. checked on it two days later the ground was covered in tracks. so i busted out my trail cam n put more rage out this time in one large lump. got a nice 10pt and a lil eight with kickers formin plus some turkey n abunch of doe. the ultimate test will begin tomorrow webb county tx i will put a bag of corn on the road with a bag of rage next to it and take some pics/ count the number of animals that go to each pile. i will let yall all know the results after new years. have a blessed new years n a wonderful huntin season.
p.s. academy is sellin rage for $9 yes it is 30% off for a limited time!!!
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
28 Sep 2009 06:36 PM  
I JUST PUT OUT SOME OF THEIR GREEN RAGE TO SEE HOW IS DOES I WILL LET YA KNOW...
MIKE EVERETT
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
01 Oct 2009 02:53 PM  
hey walmart has acorn rage for 10 bucks a 5lb bag it was 14.96 and is now 10.00 both types acorn rage and green rage
MIKE EVERETT
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!