Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Planting Peas
Last Post 21 Jul 2009 08:04 PM by pinetree. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Jul 2008 09:52 PM  
Im planning on planting some peas towards the end of the summer..Have any of yall had any experience with these?
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
27 Jul 2008 11:01 PM  
we planted some on our place several years back and when they first came up nothing messed with them until they matured and put peas on.
we went down and I told my dad this was a waste,he told me to just wait and see.Went back the next weekend.....nothing but stems left !!!!
The ones we planted were iron clay peas
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Sep 2008 06:45 PM  

Its coming up nicely now...I hope itll stay for a little through bow season.

mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
12 Sep 2008 01:48 AM  
Those do look good! Glad you had some success with your foodplots. Drought destroyed ours.
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Sep 2008 03:26 AM  
Thanks! when did yall plant yours?
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
13 Sep 2008 01:16 PM  
My club decided to put in some plots back in August, 3 weeks before it finally rained. I helped out despite my better judgement. Needless to say, the hard clay destroyed the tines on my 4 ft tiller and we still only had about a 50 percent germination rate. We overseeded after it rained and I haven't been back to check on the progress yet. Guess I'll find out Monday.
Jerry
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Sep 2008 12:29 PM  
I always plant iorn clay peas for my food plot, the deer love them. I plant them around the 4th of july week and by the time hunting season arives they are full of peas. The deer usually won't touch them untill they get about 6 inches tall, then they will jump all over them, I mean if you don't have enough planted or put something up to keep them out they will distroy the peas. I use human hair from the beauty salon in 2 liter pepsi bottes, just cut a round hole in the side of the bottle put the hair in and hang them all around the plot to keep them out if need be untill the peas get big enough that they can handel all the feeding presure: note the hair needs to be changed out every 2 weeks or the sent will fade away, works like a charm.....hope this helps
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
21 Jul 2009 08:04 PM  
WE PLANTED JUNE 15TH AND DID NOT HAVE ANY RAIN FOR TWO WEEKS THEN WE STARTED GETTING SOME RAIN... BUT ALL BUT ONE PLOT LOOK BAD ONE DID VERY WELL BUT ALL IN ALL IT WAS A WAST OF MONEY AND TIME.....I GUESS WE WILL JUST PUT OUT MORE CORN...
MIKE EVERETT
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!