Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Food Plots and Heat
Last Post 17 May 2008 05:27 AM by tomsinnott. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SWIowashotgun
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
09 May 2008 07:29 PM  
Im going to plant a plot this weekend but havent decided on what to plant. Its in SW Iowa where July and August could be dry and hot. Im looking for something that could pry withstand  so short drought. Im looking for the best spot on the property so it isnt on top of a hill or anything. It is gonna kind of be on the side of one but not a huge slope. Looking for ideas of what to plant here fellas.
S.C._DoubleLunger
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 May 2008 05:11 AM  
Im from S.C. so im not to familiar with the area and weather conditions of Iowa, but what I usually do is look at the seed that i would be interested in then the company should have a list of the areas of the u.s. and where and what time it should be planted, this should help you narrow down what types of seeds you can plant and would benefit the best, I hope this helps, Good Luck
Tom Sinnott
6 Point
6 Point

--
17 May 2008 05:27 AM  
What did you end up putting in the ground? I was just checking out info on sugar beets for you and logged back on and saw you posted this before last weekend... You putting out a mixture or are you planting a little field of something?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!