Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

food plots
Last Post 26 Apr 2008 02:11 AM by mc6528. 1 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
J.Nev
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
24 Apr 2008 10:48 PM  

I was wondering if i should plant a food plot, that has small building and some trees in it? I cant take down the building or the trees. Is it worth me planting a food plot, and what kind of seed should i get?

mc6528
6 Point
6 Point

--
26 Apr 2008 02:11 AM  
You are asking a VERY general question.  There are many factors to take into consideration.  How big is the building?  What kind of trees are you thinking of leaving?  How big an area are you talking about planting?  What is the surrounding terrain like?    Can you provide aerial photos & topo maps of the area in question (& surrounding areas)?  Have you hunted this area before?  Do you know how the deer normally travel in this area?  What direction is the prevailing wind blowing?  Does the wind direction change throughout the hunting season?  The questions go on & on.

The building I would probably take down.  Whether or not to remove the trees depends on where you will locate your stand & if the trees are soft mast or hard mast bearing trees.

I know I haven't completely answered your question, but if you can provide answers to the questions I posed then more insight can be provided.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!