Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Looking to try a Feeder
Last Post 09 Jul 2009 05:14 PM by doeslayer. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
troyjen30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
10 Dec 2007 11:01 PM  

Since its legal in Ohio and I havn't had any sucess yet I've been looking to maybe trying out a feeder in my area. I just need any suggestions on what size is a good start, hanging or tri-pod, good recipe to put in it?

Cornfed
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Dec 2007 08:11 PM  
Stright corn will never fail you. Try a tripod 20-30 gallon size. The 5 gal sizes you have to fill to often.
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
08 Feb 2008 09:11 PM  
WE HAVE SOME OFF TIME USE FEEDERS THAT WE MAKE .. GET A PLASTIC 55 GAL DRUM CUT IN HALF LIKE A TROUGH GET 2 -2X4'S ONE ON EACH END UP RIGHT PUT DRUM ABOUT 24" OFF FROUND AND MAKE A ROOF OVER THE DRUM ..WE JUST USE SCRAP 2X4'S AND A PEICE OF TIN. DOES NOT COST MUCH AND WILL HOLD ABOUT 200LB'S ...
MIKE EVERETT
xkmorris
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Feb 2008 12:13 PM  

Here is a feeder we made from a 55 gal barrel. I would not go much smaller than a 30 gal. Any thing smaller you would have to keep going back to often to refill it.
young ohiohunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 May 2009 02:22 AM  
i live in ohio too.  i have a spot i have a feeder in and also a spot i just dump like 70 lbs of corn a week at. i like that spot better than the feeder. the deer are there more and they get bigger.  its all what u like though
BushieJackman
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
02 Jul 2009 09:58 PM  
Bought a tri-pod feeder this year from Bass Pro "American Hunter" brand.
Not bad for $119 bones, and easy to assemble, but ...I had to replace the original packaged timer with a digital timer ($49), as it is much easier to operate. I also made 2"X 6" wood plank feet for the tri-pod legs to rest on. That's a lot of corn weight in the barrel and the legs will tend to sink when the ground is wet. Other than that, No problems, love the feeder, get great trail cam pictures all year round because of it.
I use corn and mix with Acorn Rage feeder fat.
Good Luck and by all means, if legal in your area, try a feeder!
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
09 Jul 2009 05:14 PM  
We make our own in 55 gal size, corn will last about a month and a half before having to be re-filled
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!