Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

getting the smoke pole sighted in
Last Post 31 Dec 2009 03:53 AM by btr568. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sleeven
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Oct 2009 05:13 AM  

faving a few issues getting gun sighted in bullets are very were even using the rest(not a lead sled but similar)one minute it is hitting bulls the next its 3-4 inches high and to the right then  good up and down but way right then bottom left  its on paper every time at 100 yards but no grouping

here is the set up

thompson center pro hunter with a bdc scope  shootin 150 grains of tri[ple 7 pellets with a 250 grain t/c sabot bullet

any suggestions  this is not my gun but brothers and season starts sat. so tryin to get righjt for him  im goin to go play with it tomorow and see what i can get but i figure it has the best of everything it should be driving tacks with no prob

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
31 Oct 2009 08:25 PM  
Try changing to Pyrodex ....that amy help you some.I got a 45 cal CVA that is not working with the 777,so i am going to change to the Pyrodex
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
asst19chief
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Nov 2009 12:35 AM  

Try Blackhorn 209, I love it.   Win 209 primer, 100gr BH 209, Hornady SST 250 gr with red sabot. Have had great succcess. You can also shoot all day with no swabbing. My buddy shot 50 rds. and had as good of a group at the beginning as at the end  Not a patbh one!!

BigV
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Nov 2009 02:08 AM  

First off if it's accuracy you are looking for get away from the pellets and go with loose powder.

Pellets can have up to a 10% variation. Also, 150 grains is a lot of powder. I use 250 grain Hornady SST sabots with 100 grains of loose 777 and can hold 1” groups all day at 100 yards with my TC Omega.

btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
31 Dec 2009 03:53 AM  
Have to agree with BigV about loose powder grouping better.Also just because a muzzy is rated for a mag load doesn't it will shot a mag load that groups well.Start from scratch,work your way up from100 grains.My cousins encore wouldn't group with 150 gr.load,but it would with 125 gr.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!