Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

CVA owners
Last Post 12 Oct 2009 06:48 PM by deerslayer1. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Justin
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Oct 2009 12:31 PM  

Hey guys, havent been around in a long time but I am hoping someone will have some ideas for me. I have a cva wolf, inline muzzleloader. I am shooting 245 grain hollowpoint powerbelts with 100grains of triple seven pellets. Gun is about three years old, first year shot great, last year I double checked it, and couldnt get it to group so I got mad and put it in the gun cabinet and thats where it stayed. pulled it out last night, and tried to get it right and I am ready to throw it. Started out shooting dead straight, 8" low. Adjusted the scope up, bullet came up but lil to the left. Adjusted it up a little, only up, bullet shot way low again but almost dead straight. Cleaned it and shot again and it was high to the left.  Had my cousin shoot it, hit the orange on the target, his second shot low and to the right. This went on for about ten shots, tried different bullet, think it was a knight 240 grain hollow point, same thing. Started to group then throws one way out there. The scope is tight, and clear and doesnt rattle. Does anyone here shoot one of these guns? What are you using for bullets? Does anyone have any ideas as to what to use or maybe what is going on??????????? I am gonna stop by my gun shop tonight, where I bought it and see what he says, and maybe try a completely different bullet. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
06 Oct 2009 05:31 PM  
I shoot a CVA Mag Bolt 150. I use 100 grns of pyrodex pellets with a 240 grn Hornady XTP bullet and mine shoots 2" high at 50 yds dead center and bulls eye at 100 yds.
I am having some difficulty with my son's 45 cal .......won't group at all.....I think it may have been the mounts,i changed those and we will see.
May want to check the scope or the rings and base.....just a thought
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
07 Oct 2009 12:23 AM  
Just a thought, but are you 100% certain that you are getting the bullet fully seated on the charge each time? sometimes it will feel like its seated when its not, also when using pellets, they will sometimes crumble causing the bullet to not fully seat on the charge. BTW I have the same gun as Tubby and use the exact same bullet and charge as he does with almost the same results. Hope this helps
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
Justin
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
07 Oct 2009 07:24 PM  
Tubby you are the second person that has told me you use a 240 hornady with a cva, va_switchback_man, Yeah I have been making sure that the bullet gets seated. I also stopped by my gunshop, they werent much help but checked the scope mount ect. and said it all looked good and didnt know why I was having problems. I picked up some T/C 250 grain pointed tip bullets and I am gonna try pyrodex pellets instead of the triple seven. I spoke with CVA, in which they were less help than the gun shop, and told me to change bullets to a 295 grain and change pellet brand. Hopefully I am gonna get to shoot it in the next couple of days, I also have a pack of some hollowpoints a friend gave me to try. After that I guess I will swap out the scope for the one on my shotgun and try to see if maybe its the scope. This thing has me aggrevated!!!!!
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
11 Oct 2009 08:05 AM  
have you tryed plain old loose powder??? The reason I say this is because my cousins ML,just plain hates pellets(anybodys) for some reason,he switched back to loose.Started shooting great
Justin
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
12 Oct 2009 06:48 PM  
Well I had a chance to shoot the T/C bullets, first 3 shots all grouped and pretty much touched each other, within ten shots I had it grouping dead center with a max of one inch of each other. Dont know if it was the bullets, or the pyrodex but I am not changing it cuz its shooting good now. Only problem is now, its always int he abck of my mind that it was shooting so friggin bad and I am scared it will throw of a bullet when I shoot at a deer! Thanks again for the suggestions, I really appreciate it!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!