Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
a few questions.....
Last Post 27 Nov 2009 02:59 PM by Fossil. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BD
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
04 Sep 2009 11:52 PM  
I am new to Buckmasters.  

I bought a Howa model 1500 in 7-08 at marks outdoors in bham alabama. (399.00)

I also found a bushnell 3200 4x12x42 for 249.00 on clearance. Is this a good price?

look forward to a great year of hunting.

BD
btr568
6 Point
6 Point

--
24 Sep 2009 03:07 AM  
Yes those are good prices
rnwinter
6 Point
6 Point

--
25 Sep 2009 06:10 PM  
Howa is a Japanese company that manufactures rifles for many leading gun companies, such as Weatherby, Winchester and several others. The 7mm that I had was based on the same dies that they use for Weatherby, only with out all the scroll work and fancy stocks. I currently have a .270 Howa and I have never had cause to regret either gun. Probably the biggest difference is that because Howa puts some of their guns under their own name they can sell a high end, high quality rifle for much, much cheaper. As for scopes...well, that is a tough call. Many of the companies make great scopes, but with widely varying degrees of light gathering capabilities.

I'd suggest that you go to a local store with a large selection and take a good critical look through a really cheap one, then try a very expensive one. You'll see the difference right away. From that point look for one that is in your price range, with good reticle and light gathering. Of course, since you have one already, this is kind of moot. But it is something to peruse at your leisure. I hope you have a great season!!
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Sep 2009 05:26 PM  
I don't think you went wrong at all.I always tell my son ,"Take care of it and it will take care of you"
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Gehee
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
16 Nov 2009 08:24 PM  
pretty decent. great deer caliber, good scope. good price on the rifle... decent on the scope.
Jamie MacMaster
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
18 Nov 2009 08:15 PM  

If something ever happened to my old 6.5 Swede, and I couldn't find another, the 7mm-08 is the replacement I'd consider.

My buddy has a Weatherby Vanguard (Howa) and it's one hell of a fine rifle.  Seems like a good price on the scope, too. 

Robin Hood had it right: As long as a man has deer and beer, he needs very little government.
Fossilman
6 Point
6 Point

--
27 Nov 2009 02:59 PM  
Sounds like a great deal all around to me.............Congrads...
God,family and friends,nothing better!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!