Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
coreloct quality
Last Post 15 Jul 2009 05:22 PM by horshoe. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
horshoe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jul 2009 06:41 PM  
Anybody had any issues with Remington coreloct ammo? Decided to try some due to high price and low availability these days. Got 3 boxes from a gun shop that looked as if they had been on shelf a few years. Looking at the bullets some appeared to be loaded deeper in the casing than others on 2 out of 3 boxes. The third box had 4 with bad primers that would not fire. Accuracy was marginal at best with all 3 boxes. One round had noticably less recoil than the rest and that shot completely missed the target. Yesterday I bought 2 more boxes at walmart. All of these were identical in appearance and shot pretty good. No complaints on these except a couple primers looked different than the rest.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Jul 2009 09:20 PM  
I had problems with complete pass through with no expansion, i do not shoot them anymore because of this.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
14 Jul 2009 11:49 PM  
No problems for me with the Core Lokts........Can cover a 3 shot group at 200 yds with a quarter,using my 270.Never lost a deer.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
horshoe
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Jul 2009 05:22 PM  
I think I may have an explanation for the poor accuracy from the 3 boxes. I have a suspicion someone swithed boxes with some UMC ammo. Anybody know about Remingtons UMC ammo? I have no experience with it. The misfires I cant explain but I read a review at Cabelas.com where someone else had misfires from the corelocts.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!