Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Knowing the firearm and ammunition
Last Post 15 Jul 2009 05:29 PM by ashae70. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ashae70
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
13 Jul 2009 02:00 PM  
I am a novice hand loader from eastern Missouri and one of the biggest questions i get is "what bullet and load is right?" I think that some people just go and purchase a gun (rifle or handgun) because its what a friend says is the best. I do not agree with that. I think a person should purchase a firearm whether for hunting, practice or self defence that has been researched with their body structure and capabilities. To just purchase a firearm and box of ammo from wal-mart(which is impossible these days) is totally wrong and dangerous. Sure custom loads are a little more expensive but would you rather know that the bullet you shoot goes to the targer you are aiming at and not wander off and injure or kill something not intended. Plus consider the fact of why purchase a firearm that each time you pull the trigger on you cringe because its gonna kick the living daylights out of you. I would like to know how many people agree with me on this because my personal promotion of gun safety is not just pointing the gun in a safe direction but knowing the gun 100% before you point it at all.
doeslayer
6 Point
6 Point

--
13 Jul 2009 04:43 PM  
I agree with most of what you say about gun safety, but on the other hand if you think that the majority of people in this country are going to purchase firearms and then get into hand loading i think that you are dreaming. The practice of as you say buying a rifle and a box of shells from Wal-Mart is almost as old as this country itself. Not everyone has the time or want to to hand load their own ammo. I believe that they should practice with different brands to find what shoots best in their rifle. A little knowledge can go a long way towards gun safety. Gun safety is the responsibility of every gun owner, it should be passed on to our children the way it was passed on by our parents. As for the part of buying a gun that will make you cringe it's kind of like buying a car that will do 180 MPH, most everyone wants a little more than what they actually need.
wake me up early, be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray.
ashae70
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Jul 2009 05:29 PM  
I agree about the isssue of purchase and shoot being old but there are a few things in this day and age to consider one go to wal-mart and try to purchase some ammo. not around missouri you wont the shelves are empty unless you want the ultra cheap bullets that have been setting there for years. second in the past 2 years i have been loading ammo i have several customers stop purchasing and started loading them selves it doesn't take that much more time and money to  get something you want and so what if a car can reach 180, why spend money on something that one will not give you personal enjoyment,two purposely place yourself and others in harms way and three evidently not get use much.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!