Register  | Login
  Search

Buckmasters Forums

Problem with Savage AcuTrigger
Last Post 03 Dec 2008 02:45 AM by cflannery0001. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
EricFlannery
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
23 Nov 2008 08:28 PM  
I have a Savage 111 with the AcuTrigger. I have noticed recently that if I eject the shell too fast the trigger will lock up(The AcuTrigger will stick and it's like the safety is on). Does anyone know what would cause this?
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered another round.
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
24 Nov 2008 12:18 AM  
id email them and let them know about it, I have a savage but not with the acu trigger
SOUTHERN PRIDE
EricFlannery
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
03 Dec 2008 02:45 AM  
I got it fixed. I took it to a local "gunsmith" (basically a guy that has fooled around with guns his whole life and works on them all the time but has never actually called himself a gunsmith). He was telling me that the spring in the first issue AcuTriggers that controls the amount of trigger pull (adjustable from m.5 lbs to 6 lbs) is weak and they have a tendency to "overadjust themselves." He said Savage usually sat them at the factory for the minimum pull weight and due to the weak spring they would actually adjust lower than the 2.5 lbs stated. We put a poundage tester on mine and found that it wasn't actually "locking up the trigger" instead it was technically attempting to strike the firing pin when the bolt closed (very dangerous)!!! The minimum trigger poundage is allegedly 2.5 lbs. Mine was going off at just a hair over 2 OUNCES. He said this can be caused by any jarring of the weapon (I recently moved into a new home and must've jarred it in transit while still in the case. He said that because of the weak spring the recoil could actually drop the pundage as well. He replaced the spring and all is well again.
"Oh bother," said Pooh as he chambered another round.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! Join Buckmasters Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!