Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Ammo Prices
Last Post 21 Aug 2007 07:08 PM by Ske1etor. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
28 Jul 2007 11:38 PM  
I went today to get shells for my 7mm and almost fell out.I shoot Hornady ammo and the grain bullet I  shoot was $40.00 a box befeore tax.That's is crazy!
What do ammo prices look like around your area?
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Jul 2007 04:18 AM  
i was lucky to find some 45ACP for 13.49 a box this past week and bought every box they had. for the past few months i couldn't find it under $20 a box for the same brand. i heard through the grapevine from some friends at Gander Mountian that there will be at least two other price increases before the end of the year. average price increase for box of .30-06/.270 will be anywhere from $5-$8 for each increase in price. i also found out that the lead shortage can now be traced to China for their nuclear reactors.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Howard
6 Point
6 Point

--
29 Jul 2007 04:32 AM  
I heard from my brother that in august the prices will have a stepped increase.
Heard from someone that the war plays a part.....
diggerdave
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
29 Jul 2007 10:42 PM  
tubby
go cabelas website and look under shooting gear and look at bulk ammo!!
very comparable and alot less expensive!!!

good luck tubby,
diggerdave
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Jul 2007 02:52 AM  
most military ball ammo is steel core penetrator ammo, not a whole lot of lead used in them, IMHO they need to have a good softpoint boattail bullet and/or a good hollow point bullet for more massive wounds like they do to our troops.
To Hunt or Not to Hunt, that is the question? While your pondering that, i'll be in the woods. My Values are the Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
Pfc. Chris Smith
WVHunter129
Forum Administrator
8 Point
8 Point

--
30 Jul 2007 03:09 PM  
tubby I think it is time you save your brass after shooting those and get into reloading, if your not already, and load your own ammo. I have been doing it now for 3 years.
WVHunter129
Live to Hunt/Hunt to Live
Forum Administrator
wrenchman30
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
30 Jul 2007 09:21 PM  
all the new catalogs have a disclaimer not guarnteeing any price to call before ordering. i have several thousand of bullets i have gotten over the years to reload and i am very glad of it. with copper being out of sight in the scrap business there is no telling how high the ammo prices will go. i would suggest buying now for deer season as the price could sky rocket by that time. phoenix the use of expanding ammo is forbidden under several signed articles of war. the ammo is designed to wound not kill. it takes more people to care for wounded than to bury the dead.
kmehaffey
6 Point
6 Point

--
30 Jul 2007 11:23 PM  
Gas prices are up ,when gas goes up ,so does everything else.
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
31 Jul 2007 06:13 AM  
wrenchman, i do know the rules governed by the Geneva Convention regarding the use of such bullets, but i disagree with a lot of what the Geneva Convention concerns when it comes to treatment of prisoners, use of ammo types and other things i will not get into. if an enemy does not follow the Rules governed by the Convention then why should we? we have our hands tied when it comes to such things.
Pfc. Chris Smith
rebel deer hunter
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
13 Aug 2007 06:20 PM  
my dad has a 300 weatherby mag and his bullets are $48.00 a box and up, its gettn pretty crazy with ammo prices
SOUTHERN PRIDE
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Aug 2007 03:29 AM  
Between ammo manufacturers getting sued with fruitless lawsuits and additional taxes being tacked on to it, the prices will only get worse. I do reload but bulk purchase is still the most practical way.
Vandy
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Aug 2007 02:46 PM  
Ammo is hurting everyone right now it seems. When I bought my Bushy AR-15 in February I coudl pick up Reminton UMC 223 for $4.50 a box of 20, now it's pushing $7 per box. Glad I bought a boatload when I did, only instead of shooting 200 rounds at the range I shoot 100 and bring the .22
Phoenix
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Aug 2007 07:23 PM  
where i buy my bulk ammo from jumped there prices $40 per 500 rounds. i went from paying $280 shipped for 500 rounds of 168 BTHP match .308 to paying $320 Shipped for the same. canned heat ammo from Georgia Arms is still the sheapest i found yet.
Pfc. Chris Smith
Forestclimber
6 Point
6 Point

--
16 Aug 2007 09:44 PM  
Lead shot is nearing $30 a bag.
mcraddock
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
17 Aug 2007 12:56 AM  
No kidding. Reloading componets have almost doubled in price over the last two years. Time to start cacheing bulk again.
Eric Scivicque
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
21 Aug 2007 07:08 PM  
150 gr Federal Vital Shok 7mm Rem Mag is up too 37.99 a box here in louisiana.
Peace through superior firepower.

“The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail, the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation.” Col. Jeff Cooper USMC.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!