Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
need info
Last Post 27 Feb 2008 10:49 AM by no game. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
no game
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Feb 2008 10:53 AM  
hi my name is dj and im new to this what i need to know is. is a 223 cal rifle strong enough to kill a deer bought 1 for my son who 7 so he can start hunting with me . ive been told that not stronge enough but also heard it is if you take a head shot. any advice would be good thank you.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
26 Feb 2008 11:06 AM  
I started my son off with a 243 when he was nine and he has killed a bobcat and a deer (180 yds).A well placed shot will kill a deer,I would recommend the 243.The New England my son has is kinda heavy,but the weight helps with recoil,which is already light.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
sarge
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
26 Feb 2008 11:24 AM  
first yes it is enough to take a deer, any legal weapon is enough when used properly with a well placed shot at the proper distance. second, a head shot is NOT considered the shot of choice, the heart lung area is always the best and most humane placement. I always recommend the head shot NOT be taken.
no game
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
27 Feb 2008 10:49 AM  
thanks for the reply, i all most bought a 243 for him but his 223/20 ga combo was only $20 more and now he has a shot gun to. i have other guns he can use. he has shot my 30-30 and my sks. he didnt do bad at 50 yards he hit about 2in above the bull eyewith my 30-30. the only problem with it is the recoil i believe thats the only reason he shot high.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!