Register  | Login
  Search
Buckmasters Forums
Doe Call
Last Post 15 Feb 2010 10:58 PM by tubby. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Arch_e_Tech
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
06 Jan 2010 08:00 PM  

I have often heard that if a doe "blows" in the woods and another doe "blows" back, that the doe will feel more at ease. I was wondering if anyone knows of a call that mimics this "blow," that a doe makes when she is uneasy and senses danger?

I am hunting a new property this year that has to many doe. We are trying to take a number of them this season to help with heard management. Every time I set foot in the woods and walk to my stand, I have one "blow" at me. I figured if I could "blow" back, then maybe I could get them to come in for me to drop the hammer on them.

Thanks for any help. 

andrew
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
11 Jan 2010 02:07 AM  
dont feel to bad, but yes ive heard the same thing. dont kno what kind of call?
PINETREE
8 Point
8 Point

--
15 Feb 2010 07:56 PM  
I HAVE ALLWAYS HEARD IT WAS A WARNING CALL LIKE SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT GET THE HECK OUT OF HEAR...
MIKE EVERETT
Arch_e_Tech
Button Buck
Button Buck

--
15 Feb 2010 10:22 PM  
That is exactly right. It is a warning call that deer make to alert others to danger.
I have heard if a deer makes this sound and then you do it back, it will set them at ease a bit. Kinda like they sound off a warning because they don't know what you are but they know something isn't quite right. Then, if you make it back at them, then they are like, "Oh, it's just another deer."
You would not want to use a call like this all the time. Only when you are blown at first.
tubby
Buckmaster
Buckmaster

--
15 Feb 2010 10:58 PM  
When a deer "snorts" or "blows" at you...they are not hanging around for you to "snort" back ,like pinetree said it's a get outta here ,something ain't right.If you want a doe call try a doe bleat.In my opinion the other is a sure way not to see anything.
Tubby
The God of My Rock;He Is My Sheild;And The Horn Of My Salvation 2 Samuuel,Ch 22
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.2
Pay Your Bill Online Google+ Buckmasters on Pinterest Follow Us On Instagram! LinkedIn Buckmasters on YouTube Follow Us On Twitter Buckmasters on Facebook!